Van height

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Stickertone
100BHP+

Van height

Post by Stickertone »

Hi guys, what height do you run your van at? I've killed two front spoiler/splitters now, I was wondering if anyone can guide me as to what height I need to be at to stop killing spoilers? Or do I simply have it rather high , or forget the spoiler and go without ? Ta
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Van height

Post by Barbel330 »

Depends on your roads and where you drive it I guess but I’ve done 3 splitters and I’m on air so static lowered it’s going to happen fairly regular I’d say :?
Instagram: @y_5cuf
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

I haven't got a splitter but mine is lowered about 60mm i think i can park and have the bumper sat over the curb and it misses but only by about 10mm.

Depends on road conditions like Barbel said also depends on how you want it to look and perform.

I had mine on the lowest settings it could go originally but found the roads around me to unforgiving

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Mr. T
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Mr. T »

Hi, my van has Cobra coilovers on the front which I believe lower between 50mm to 90mm and appear to be at there lowest setting and the back has adjustable shackles which again are at there lowest. Now I do like the look of a lowered vehicle and surprisingly the ride comfort is fine however it really does come down to what roads you drive on as opposed to looks and for me on country roads and lanes its just to low and also causes issues using a trolley jack and even trying to get the spare wheel from under the van. I think something like a 25mm to 40mm drop would be the answer between looks and drivability and should allow you\ to keep your splitter. Hope that helps