Vw caddy windows

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Gtwed123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Vw caddy windows

Post by Gtwed123 »

ADVICE NEEDED

I’ve got a 2007 Vw caddy, I’ve upgrade the windows from keep fit to electric, I’ve changed the modules and motors, I’ve added the extra wire to the looms on both sides and to the fuse box and I’m still getting nothing...

I’ve also got touran mirrors fitted which have the indicators which are working... they are connected to the module for the windows so I must be getting power of some sort..

Also since changing the modules my central locking isn’t working on the front doors all the rear will still lock on the button...

Starting to really bug me so any advice would be great fully appreciated

UPDATE—-

So now I’ve got power to the motors but still nothing on the switches.. I can hold the unlock button on the key fob and the windows will go down but if I hold the lock button nothing happens..
Last edited by Gtwed123 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Vw caddy windows

Post by Doc »

Hi @Gtwed123 welcome to the forum.
It sounds as though you have fitted some modules which are incompatible with your door lock harness without modification. This is quite common when mixing generations of door control modules, there is a common misconception that all are the same across the years but there are three revisions with different pinouts.
Without knowing which module generation you removed and what you have replaced it with its difficult to advise any further.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Gtwed123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gtwed123 »

I fitted the complete door loom and modules from a 2006 Vw touran, then added the extra cable from the fuse box to each door loom. I’ve now noticed that if I hold the unlock button on the key fob it will undo the windows but holding the lock button still doesn’t do anything.
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

What year is your Caddy?
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Gtwed123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gtwed123 »

Mine is a 2007 caddy