Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Show off your caddy
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Post by caddychris2002 »

chrisd317 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:50 pm Yeh thats the one mate, would you happen to have a link please pal?
here you go pal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocketek-Charg ... 330&sr=8-9
www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
chrisd317
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by chrisd317 »

Cheers mate, I meant the little usb plug that you have added in the dash above the 12v socket. The rectangular one

Chris
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

That's the one that goes into the back of the headunit. I just cut the blank and glued it in place to suit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

So the project is in full.swing again after being dormant for so.long but after reading this months PVW mag viper caddy got.me.all excited.

It's be a rough couple of days tyre died on the front so 2 new tyres it was. Then decided to put some braces in the shackles. Saw a member on here had done it and it reduced the lateral movement in the rear axle so thought I'd give it a baah. This somehow turned in to refurbing the wheels.

I'm going for a black wheel with either polished or painted silver lip just got to decide on gloss or matt black.

Not a bad day to say I've got a viral infection in my chest that could put Thor on his arse... struggling now thoughImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Painted the first alloy today. Not to shabby. Need to cut and polish the spokes sides though always seem to get over spray need lessons of @Barbel330 and learn to be more patient and build up slowly lol. Should be ok by wheel 4 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
rhyswilliams3
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rhyswilliams3 »

Fair play, i do love the grey VW colour. I like what you've done with the MTB fork mounts too, might be pinching that idea!
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

rhyswilliams3 wrote:Fair play, i do love the grey VW colour. I like what you've done with the MTB fork mounts too, might be pinching that idea!
Cheers pal. Pinch away lol it's what the forum's for.

Finished and fitted 2 of the wheel I'm happy with the can anyone spot the mtb related bit on the wheels (it's not difficult tbf lol)ImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stedlocks »

Nice touch! To match the 'orange' calipers!
I'm going to send that to my mate.....he's orange cycles obsessed too: :lol:
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Stedlocks wrote:Nice touch! To match the 'orange' calipers!
I'm going to send that to my mate.....he's orange cycles obsessed too: Image
Lol couldn't help it wanted something different without the thieving scum noticing to easily what I'm into lol

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Its a nice touch though!👍
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Few little updates. Yesterday some scrote abandoned a trolley and let it dent the wing. ImageImage

Still on a positive i managed to plastic weld the bumper which i thought was a right off. Also managed to plastic weld the wash bottle than had a small crack in it so double bonus.

Then today had my first go at painting with 2k paint and 2k clear coat, after ALOT of advice from barbel and a few YouTube videos.

Not a bad start. I might get brave and have ago at the rear bumper but we'll see. Need to get the dent pulled out the wing first.

Also got my last wheel painted today. Clear tomorrow and that's another job off my list that seems to grow faster than I can get through it.

Ordered some ceramic coating for the wheel from carbon collective that should be here tomorrow. Also ordered a gloss black rear badge that I'm going to colour code the back plate of so it matches the van and also some led number plate lights from Travelin Lite but don't tell the wife to be. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
RN7
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RN7 »

Painted bits look good! How did you do them?
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

scotchbrite the surface, cleaned between each step with panel wipe. then etch primer base coat then clear coat buddy if thats what you mean
www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
RN7
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RN7 »

Cheers sounds good! Did you use some some sort of paste with the scotchbrite? Gunna give some bits on mine a go too I think!
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

No mate i just used 500 norton expert sandpaper from halfords to scuff up the clear coat on anything already painted then went over it again with scotch brite

Last edited by Doc on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods: