Caddy 'R' 2016 Startline 2.0 Bluemotion

Show off your caddy
chadpowell
Caddy Fan

Post by chadpowell »

After driving a Peugeot Partner 1.6 for a little over a year for work (I'm a landscape photographer and often haul large items to and from my gallery) I had the dream of getting a VW Caddy somewhere down the line. I was originally content with the idea of getting a 1.6 pre-2016 with fairly low mileage for around 5/6k. As it's probably happened to a lot of you guys, the caddy bug soon hits and your expectations and budget creep higher and higher :shock:

My eyes were set on eventually getting one of the lower spec 2016 caddys designed by Wolfsburg Vans in Manchester near the end of the year. That was until a very similarly specced caddy came up locally (literally 5 miles away) with all the same specs as a Wolfsburg, with the bonus of a fully carpeted rear and perspex panels on the bulkhead for soundproofing (which works great) gone are the days of a rattly van. I frantically scrapped the money up and managed to get what I believe was a bargain! With all the expensive bits already done to it, I can now tinker about with adding little details to the van without spending too much. Here's a spec list of the van and what I plan to do to it in the future.

Startline Bluemotion 2.0ltr, Remapped to 180bhp, Colour Coded Bumpers, Front Splitter, 19” Pretoria Reps, Hako Wind Deflectors, Sliding Door Rail Cover, LED Day Lights, Chrome Sidebars, Pro Sport Coilovers, Flipped Rear Axle, Rear Spoiler, Carpeted Rear, Black Front Badge and Red R badge, ProVan LED Back Light, Needle Sweep, VW Nut Caps, VW Branded Dustcaps

To do list
Metal pedal covers, Red strip on grill, Rear de-badging, Black rear badge and R badge, LED lights for number plate, Windscreen wiper delete, Front rear view mirror delete, R branded seat covers, Refurb and spray alloys in black, Satin black side bars, Rear lights tinted, Rear view camera, New radio unit, Caddy life style mirrors.

The biggest on my to do and definitely the most expensive is a full image wrap. As I run my own gallery selling photographic prints, I want a real head turner that people will remember. I first thought about having it wrapped in black, with the back half being a collage of my images with branding. I've since decided to go with an all over night sky image of stars with white text over the top. I've attached a few images of a mock up I did in photoshop of what I envision the van to look like in a couple of years when it's finished. I've uploaded really large files so you should be able to zoom in on them. (notice the mock ups don't include side bars/wing mirrors or splitter as I couldn't find images at the right angles to use.

Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated! I'm not looking to get the full wrap until at least late summer due to the crazy cost :lol:

Last edited by chadpowell on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2016 Caddy Bluemotion 2.0 170hp • Chd2k on Instagram
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Re: Caddy 'R' 2016 Startline 2.0 Bluemotion

Post by r1lea »

Very nice mate

That’s the standard startline bumper sprayed by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chadpowell
Caddy Fan

Post by chadpowell »

I did think that but was told otherwise by someone that obviously didn’t know what they were talking about 😅

(Edited the original post)
r1lea wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:11 pm Very nice mate ImageImage

That’s the standard startline bumper sprayed by the way

Last edited by chadpowell on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi Chad. Welcome to the forum mate. That’s a nice looking van you’ve got there, and an excellent photo of it too

Rescue me from the swans in me
rich181
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by rich181 »

Love the idea of the galaxy wrap! If you can get that right it will look awesome In my opinion.

Modelno
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Modelno »

I like it in white, it looks very good
chadpowell
Caddy Fan

Post by chadpowell »

Modelno wrote:I like it in white, it looks very good
Won’t be staying that way haha. Doesn’t go with my businesses branding

Modelno
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Modelno »

Surely it will look great, regards
chadpowell
Caddy Fan

Post by chadpowell »

Some little mods added over the last few weeks:
‘R’ badge and black badge... rears to follow once the sun comes out

OEM Volkswagen rubber mats from a dealer
Metal pedals from eBay £6.50, bargain!

LED front cab lights

‘R’ centre cap decals. Will eventually replace these for proper ‘R’ centre caps as they look much cleaner than the stickers.

VW dust caps from EBay

VW nut covers, great value for money!

chadpowell
Caddy Fan

Post by chadpowell »

It hasn’t been all fun and games... went through a deep puddle a little too fast yesterday and instantly heard a sound which I thought was my front splitter scraping across the ground Image turns out it was a rubber protector. The gf was NOT a happy bunny as it was our day off together Image Apparently they’re prone to split around the nut and slip off. I managed to get a perfect sized washer and all was fixed!

On another note... I had an engine bay clean and a few days after was having problems with my coolant temperature gauge (have been told it’s probably related and could have water ingress, so have that on order this week.

Jay1182
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jay1182 »

Chad I just saw your insta vid caddy sounds sooo nice what did you do it please if you dint mind me asking

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

chadpowell
Caddy Fan

Post by chadpowell »

Hey dude, it’s just a 170 map from Pendle and the Darkside induction kit. Will be booking it in for a 190 map soon after lockdown