Brooneye's build

Show off your caddy
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Brooneye's build

Post by brooneye »

Yesterday I managed to strip the old light strip from the top of the door cards as they were failing and replaced them with a red led in the door handle

Also sorted the lights in the back, had a dodgy connection

Just got to find the remote now to change them to red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Today was MOT day, passed but with an advisory on a track rod end. Had both replaced and a full service whilst they were on.

oliverbown
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by oliverbown »

brooneye wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm Collected these today
Hopefully I'll have a bit of time on Saturday to fit them

Can you fit any wing mirrors or do they have to be a certain type?
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Hi mate, The ones you’ve used in the picture are from a 05 touran. These are smaller in size where they connect to the outer side of the door. I had a bit of plastic added and needed to drill a extra hole for the bolts.

I have since upgraded the mirrors to 2012 mirrors

These were heavily modified so they use the original caddy bases.

To be honest these are the only types I’ve seen but I’ve heard people mention other mirrors but have never seen them done personally.

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

I'd personally love to have a set of those on mine
Folding Electric of course with repeaters and Puddle lights, sprayed Gloss Black/Chestnut Brown (I don't want much ?) :lol: :lol:
Once I get the tracking/tyres problem sorted and the R Line MFSW wheel, I'll be saving the pennies for a pair :D :D
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

@oliverbrown also worth noting you may have to change the door modules to ones that support indicators in the wing mirrors. I changed mine when i done the touran electric window conversion.

@Ripley55 I would of loved the folding mirrors as well but at the time these were extremely cheap and by doing the folding mirrors I would of had to change the modules again. So more coin again . I have the flat bottom R mfsw to go on but just waiting for the last of the parts

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi @brooneye
Thanks for that mate. :D
I'm trying to get the R Line MFSW sorted too, but it's the buttons, that is actually turning out to be a bit of a mission, with respect of getting the ACC with the Red Illumination. :(

They have ordered the only Variant in that has the Red Lights and ACC that will hopefully communicate with my car (white Back-lit works fine), and they are on back order from Germany :roll:

Nothing is cheap mate, I was looking to see what Hazzydayz could do in respect of mirrors, and they'll do genuine VW Caddy life folding for £695.00 + VAT Supply and Fit (Genuine Volkswagen folding wing mirrors. Puddle lights if applicable, they change the door handle trim and fit the correct switch and symbol for the folding mirrors function. The installation does not include the mirror caps or glass as these are re-used, and you get a 2 year warranty, which actually looks not too shabby ?)
Dave
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

That, like seemingly everything from hazydaze is hazy daylight robbery.

Electric, heated, folding Aero/Life mirrors from VW or TPS direct are just under £400 inc vat, £384 I think I paid, that includes glass and caps so everything ready to fit on the van (except painting the cap). A genuine switch cost me circa £34. You can pick up the modules for power fold from eBay (seen them for £30 odd each) and a drink for somebody to code them. As far as I know none of the Aero/Life mirrors come with puddle lights but they can be fitted fairly easily. I used to have Touran mirrors with led puddle lights and as nice as they were, I have never once thought about them since I changed and no longer have them.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Glad you said that Stu......i was thinking the same.

The price of their headlight conversion is a bit big too!
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Today I changed swcm as the previous one was playing up. It turns out there was a damaged pin in there

Also put the cowling back around the steering column after having that sprayed gloss black

Quite a few months ago I picked up a r steering wheel

I then got hold of another wheel and swapped the buttons over, just got to hunt the airbag out now

I also picked up a set of clocks a few weeks back and had a little test, while I had the clocks out, to see how they look. Next job is to vetted them coded

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Airbag is now on, but have a couple of problems. The lights on the buttons don’t light up at all, none work but the horn does.

Iirc the previous swcm I had to get coded in as it was for a automatic. Would this be the case for this one?

r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

Who knows what it was coded for mate,
Will deffo need coding for your van, very rarely do you get lucky and the coding from another vehicle is correct for yours

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Cheers for the reply @r1lea, also discovered the cruise control stopped working. Am I right in assuming that’s why it’s not lighting up?

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Brooneye's build

Post by brooneye »

Well it turns out that the new module I order is not a highline but I fact a lowline that has the wrong part no on.

New one ordered and now have the fun task of getting the airbag off again

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Today I’ve managed to swap the swcm module over, and got all the buttons to work s as although the lights don’t illuminate but that’s a job for another time.