Does the Maxi Facelift have a wider cargo bay?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tom-8-0
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Does the Maxi Facelift have a wider cargo bay?

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Hi all. Just a query I have. I’m in the process of doing the Touran rear seat conversion to my facelift maxi. I Lifted the false floor today but when I went to trial fit the Touran fitting, its like is not even close. Does this need modifying also? I’ve had a look at other builds on here and It seems it should just fit neat where the old floor came out. I ran out of daylight before I could figure it out. It seems like I have to trim the side wings if you like.Image Will get a better shot at it tomorrow hopefully. Just had a thought they might be different. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Re: Does the Maxi Facelift have a wider cargo bay?

Post by the swan fiend »

I’m pretty sure the 2k floorpan is all the same from 2003 through to present day mate.

Rescue me from the swans in me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Remember you are fitting a Touran rear seat into a Caddy. While they share the same front end, structurally from the A-pillar back they are quite different.
Have a look at photos from others who have done it, the "wings" of seat frame need to be trimmed down somewhat to get them to fit in.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Cheers @Swanfiend that’s the answer I was hoping for. Started to worry a little there.
Thanks @Doc, Yeah it looked like I could make it fit with a little trimming. I Just didn’t want to go cutting into it if others hadn’t needed to. Will have another look at it today.
On another note, never thought just how loud it would be driving once the solid bulkhead was removed. Will definitely have to move sound deadening up the list.

anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

Tom-8-0 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:36 am On another note, never thought just how loud it would be driving once the solid bulkhead was removed. Will definitely have to move sound deadening up the list.Image
I was surprised how loud a "work" Caddy is, even with the bulkhead and ply lining fitted, when I rented one in the UK last year. I have a "premium trim passenger car" Caddy version (Cross) with factory-fitted sound deadening up the wazoo. Quieter than many cars I've been in, even at 120mph on the freeway!
Jamk
Caddy Fan

Post by Jamk »

It’s should be fine, mines a SWB and it fitted just fine, the seat pivot (where the front of the seat clicks in) panel needs trimming to get it to fit tho

Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

The pans are also a bit different between models, the tie down points on caddy maxi Kombi, to standard caddy maxi panel vans are in different places slightly.

We realised this when we converted ours and bought the factory rear Kombi floor covering.

When you look at pics of them both, then you see the subtle differences.
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Got it to fit with a little trimming. Perhaps took a little more off than I needed to but at least it fits nowImage. Image
Thanks again for your replies and advice. Very much appreciated Image

Jamk
Caddy Fan

Post by Jamk »

Beautiful, get the welder out be careful of the welds getting through to the fuel tank ( you don’t need to drop it just get something up there to protect it)

Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Welder’s there at the ready mate. Just need to clean it up a bit more and remove paint to bare metal where welding. Planning on dropping the tank just a touch and putting some fire blanket over it Did you weld in your secondary panel as well @Jamk? Or did you bolt it? Have seen both options being done and just wondered the difference if any. Cheers, Tom

Jamk
Caddy Fan

Post by Jamk »

I dropped the tank slightly to get something in to protect tank as well, the welder was out so I welded both panels in so it’s nice and secure, quite a few spot welds to do but I figured that’s how it was done in the touran from factory.