Blackberry Life

Show off your caddy
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Blackberry Life

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi @Mark1a
If you look back, I actually went for the Life after reading your thread back in December, and collected mine on 10th Jan this year :D :D

So, I took my Life in last Month ( 27th January) to VW Van Centre to have the App Connect activated, and I remember the guy saying it was also 'due an update' :roll:
I actually didn't register it at the time, but over in another thread you'll see, I've asked the question about MPG, as I put 45 litres in (9.89 gallons), Sunday, and only got just a tad over 300 miles ? and back where I started gauge wise, If that's right, I'm only doing just over 31 mpg

Surely something is not right ? as 31 miles to the gallon is sh*te ? I’m a 2018 2.0 150, DSG my and our R Line Golf can get 27/28 on a run taking it easy. I don't remember it using this much diesel when I drove it home, and to be honest, apart from the trip to the Van Centre, haven't driven it for 3 weeks, so hadn't noticed until this weekend. Is it possible their 'update' is the cause ?
Dave
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

@Ripley55, hello yes I remember - hope you're happy with it otherwise.

The fuel consumption is definitely not right. Assuming we have exactly the same tank (50-55 litres to fill, around £60 currently), I'm getting between 550 - 600 miles to a tank, on a 60 mile round trip commute which is 90% A35 at 50-70mph. I don't have a heavy right foot, and the remap last year has meant that it cruises better. This equates to around 50-55mpg which ties in with the indicated average on the trip computer. This obviously goes down to 40-45mpg worst case when in town. Mine is a manual rather than DSG, although I would expect a modern auto to be more economical than a manual.

All I can suggest is the usual stuff like check air filter, check tyre pressures, etc and maybe look on the forum for fuel comparison threads. Good luck with it, you should be getting at least 45mpg on yours in my opinion, dependng on where you live and your journey types.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

Thanks mate
I'm going to get an independent Tuning house up here in Suffolk to have a look for me. Going to France on holiday in her in August, and expecting to do probably 800/900 miles round trip :D :D first leg is 450 miles, and was hoping to get there on a full tank :lol: :lol:
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
chrisd317
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by chrisd317 »

quality job on the van mate, could i be cheeky and ask for a pic of the front of the rear 2+1 life seats please? I've been looking for the trim that joins the carpet up to the rear footwell carpet if that makes sense? also would it eb possible to get any part number off the trims for where the seats clip in, as in the little plastic bits on the floor please mate? Been trying to tidy mine up for ages as it's fitted with no trim in mine so looks a bit messy

Thanks for any help mate

Chris
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

@chrisd317 hello, give us a day or two on this, it's p*ssing down outside, I'll wait until it stops if that's OK.
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

@chrisd317

Here's a picture of one of the footwells, there doesn't appear to be any trim joining the carpet up, it seems to be one piece on the Life (maybe different for Kombi though). As far as the part numbers for the seat clip trims, you're probably better off either asking in the main forum group, as somebody will either (a) have already done a rear seat conversion or (b) have access to ETKA software catalogue.

chrisd317
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by chrisd317 »

Thanks for the pics mate, explains what I need for the trim now, I just didn’t know how the rear footwell carpet connected it all but looks like it’s all one bit
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Papa Bear »

Have you got round to installing a roof mounted screen yet?
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Nope, not yet, I think the roof lining retrim and the leisure battery may have to come first, will document on here as soon as progress is made.
Last edited by mark1a on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Papa Bear »

Looking at doing it as well. Thinking about taking the headlining down to dye it and fix a mounting at the same time.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Not much going on right now and my Caddy has been sat on the driveway for 2 weeks, and had got fairly dirty with rain, dust, bird & bee sh*t, so gave it a clean.

Fensider
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Fensider »

Got to say that's a great looking Caddy! Really enjoyed reading the thread. Dont know if its because of the mods or colour but it looks huge!
Mk4 Caddy Black Edition owner
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Thanks @Fensider, much appreciated. I can confirm it's a regular sized mk4 Maxi Caddy LWB, exactly what I needed for bikes/family wagon and yet doesn't look out of place in a client car park.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi @Mark1a
Guess like the rest of us, you're affected by all this Covid-19, but hope you and yours are well.

I'm interested in your roof lining plans mate, so make sure you take plenty of shots when you do it :?:

I also watched a You-tube video the other night for a roof mounted screen fitted up in a VW Touran, and remembered you mentioned it was also on your wish list for the future ? I think you said you were feeding from your head unit AV out ? I quite like the look this to keep the grand kids happy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YExQASLI6PQ

http://professionalvwconversions.co.uk/ ... rtainment/

Supply and Fit 13.3″ LCD HDMI Roof Mount Monitor £345 + VAT seemed pretty good to me ?
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Hello Dave @Ripley55, thanks for message and yes we’re all good in the lockdown. I’ve been working at home since end Feb anyway (software developer, so easy), wife is a teacher so on/off on rota for key worker children, and the kids are off school. So the main things are C19 hasn’t really affected Dorset too much yet, I’ve discovered I really like being with my family(!), but apart from a 500 mile round trip to evac my lad from university in March, the van hasn’t turned a wheel since then.

Hope you’re all well too and I see you’re working to keep the lights on and the telly working (along with cooker, internet, everything) so thanks very much.

Needless to say van roadmap has gone away for a bit. Regarding the headlining I was never going to pull it all out due to the Life trims, so was thinking of black or grey alcantara type covering, while painting the beige plastic bits. Thinking of now getting the local car audio place to do this when we’re allowed, to help reboot their business when they reopen, plus they’ll make so much of a better job.

The screen you’ve linked to is similar to what I had planned due the the old-school RCA AV inputs, my Android HU has just those AV out connectors. That screen also has HDMI connector for something like a Chromecast device for a casting AV, which I could then use with a Bluetooth device to send the audio back to the HU.

Most of the AV ideas I had were inspired by I guy a met at the Belgian GP at the campsite in Spa in 2017 who had screens & audio galore in his Caddy - an AV installer who had a Caddy as his demo van. So all is possible.

I think if I was you I’d hold fire on the install until this crap is over and we’ve all been able to consult with the installers again.

Assuming I can actually go camping on bike events in my Caddy this year, I’m going to chuck an iPad on a headrest and broadcast audio to HU via BT, and if my local car audio place opens soon, I’ll hit them with the leisure battery, screen and lining upgrade.

Stay well and all the best!