What are you doing to stay busy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: What are you doing to stay busy?

Post by Stedlocks »

Great work stu and Mr Lea..... 👍

Just a quick question for the paint gurus (stu, I'm mainly meaning you!)... My son had a spankin his mini jcw cooper..twat, but he was fine👌
Its coming back from the body shop tomorrow, and although they are the 'Pproved' repairer for More Than insurance, I just think they might be cowboys. His is a weird kind of Cadbury purple, and its apparently having new bonnet and wings, as well as radiator jcw bumper, air con(?) etc...... Basically, I don't trust them to match the paint correctly...its a weird shade. What would be the best way fir me to check it? I've made it crystal clear to the idiots who work for them (its a long story...im not just throwing these insults around...they are well deserved!) that it will not be accepted if I see any imperfections in either the finish or colour match. Basically, how do I bluff em a bit, as if I know what im talking about when looking for an excuse to chuck it back at em!
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Look at in direct sunlight and also in complete shade to check the colour match. Look for rough/sharp edges on the panel edges where they’ve masked it and also inside the bonnet/wing gaps with the bonnet open. Make sure there’s no polishing residue on any of the plastic trims. Check that all the panel gaps are dead straight. Check that the headlights are aligned and level by putting them on close in front of a wall. Check the insides/underneath of panels that were supposed to be new for dirt to make sure they haven’t repaired the old panels. Run your hand over the back end and sides of the car especially low down, to see if it feels rough because that’ll be overspray (very common with bodyshop) Don’t fall for the old “park it really close to a wall or other cars so the customer can’t stand back and look at it properly” trick.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Martdacaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Martdacaddy »

I work at a small village garage as a mechanic. The boss is still opening up so been in work all week. A lot of people have been panicking getting there car in for MOT.

But heard they are giving a 6 month extension on MOTs now. So that will be us shut end of the month which is really the sensible thing to do.

Gives me time to work on my Caddy I’ve just picked up at home 😆
i5te
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by i5te »

Recently got a premises given the really bad timing of this outbreak - so been knocking walls down in there and painting it out when I can (self isolate on my own there :D )

Other than that, at home seemingly getting things done such as fence painting and grass cuffing - along side entertaining the kids.

Sadly not much caddy related things done other than a good wash and quick detailer sprayed on it generally :P
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Thanks for that stu.....👍

Great tip on the overspray......ill be looking at it outside, then I'm going to try to get it in the fire engine Bay at work, as the lighting in there shows every mark and swirl....ask me how I know! :lol:

Im also going to take it for a test drive to make sure there are no shakes or shimmies... Basically, they had the bloody thing for 40odd days and have constantly lied to me, my son and the insurance company! I think they basically don't turn any work away, and are way too busy than their facilities can cope with.
I'm also concerned how they are allowed to be dropping a car off with this bloody virus, so in a way, I hope that there are obvious flaws so it can go back. Then I can argue with the insurance about getting it done properly, at BMW.....it wasn't an option at first! :(
ViralEye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by ViralEye »

didn't know how to word this with the current situation, but I'm gutted seeing all these little jobs getting done - i'm a key worker so still in work providing plant and tools to not only construction industry, but armed forces, emergency services, nhs, utilities etc

#staysafe
Crazy7ony
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Crazy7ony »

My new bike came, built it and now I'm going to sit and look at it for a few weeks ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Loving the bike, new Sender?

That’s going to be an awesome ride!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Crazy7ony
100BHP+

Post by Crazy7ony »

@C Chis yes pal, im no expert by any means and probs abit overkill but the confidence my old 2014 dh bike gave me was a good boost and so thought I'd upgrade from 26s to 27.5 and better spec kit.
All about good times out with the lads

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Cool, would love a Sender, unfortunately my want far exceeds my DH ability
I love my less extreme Strive that’s feeling rather lonely and unloved at the moment, however, on a cheerier note, bike and van ready to roll once the lockdowns over and we’re allowed out to play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Crazy7ony
100BHP+

Post by Crazy7ony »

Yes this is true haha, my mate had a strive.
One of them shape shifter thingys on it, was a lovely ride tbh and decent bit of kit.
All the best when you finally get out pal.

Sean1066
Hyper Poster

Post by Sean1066 »

Today I’m off work and not back until Monday night.😁 So I think I will now be busy trying to catch up on some much needed bit on my caddy today.
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

That is a a f**king beautiful bike, ahh I miss those days

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Today I have mostly been doing.......sod all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

What are you doing to stay busy?

Post by Barbel330 »

Come on, get off your ass and do something #stayproductive :lol:

I’ve fitted my bumper (as you’ve probably seen elsewhere) Then I removed it again. Plus I’ve put my missus Cooper S battery on charge. The cars are struggling not being driven.

Instagram: @y_5cuf