SWB red Caddy SDI budget build.

Show off your caddy
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Jordyx »

Have been a member for a while now just lurking on other people’s projects but thought I’d do a little log on my caddy nail.
Paid £995 for this last year and haven’t managed to get fully stuck in to it because of house renovations. I’ll be doing little bits here and there where I can.
It’s had 2 owners but has been looked after mechanically wise but aesthetically wise it really hasn’t. I have big plans for it but as I said it’s when money allows and I get round to actually tinkering with the budget build.

Got it home and pulled off the trims, roof rack and tow bar

Stripped the steels of rust, painted the number plate light holder and the rear VW badge.
Also split the headlights and gave the inserts a cost of black before re sealing. Image

That’s as far as I’ve got on the exterior.
I’ve sound deadened and put some foil insulation down on the interior, I have ordered carpet and recycled plastic insulation for the back so can crack on with that this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: SWB red Caddy SDI budget build.

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. I like a red caddy!! It looks miles better already

Rescue me from the swans in me
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

the swan fiend wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:38 pm Hi mate. I like a red caddy!! It looks miles better already Image

Thanks mate it’ll get there.. very slowly haha
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Mines a slow burner too

Rescue me from the swans in me
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

the swan fiend wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:24 pm Mines a slow burner too Image

They’ll get there mate! :D
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

Carpet and adhesive turned up so got on with the first side yesterday, will finish the other side today.
Got some longer trim clips on order but will need to order some more carpet to finish the roof and rear doors fully.
Will be putting left over laminate down from a house project on the floor. So the rubber mat will get all on as I’ve no need for it.

Tommydeane1994
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Tommydeane1994 »

What was the carpeting like to do I am gonna order some next week but dont wanna get stuck with it being a pain

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

Tommydeane1994 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:13 pm What was the carpeting like to do I am gonna order some next week but dont wanna get stuck with it being a pain

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It wasn’t too bad mate, just take your time with it it’s fairly pliable, got mine off eBay 11sqm and 5 tins of adhesive for £69.99
Need a little bit more though to do the rear doors and roof.
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

Finished the other side yesterday, need to wait for my trim clips to arrive to insulate behind the ply panels and get them fitted. Also need some more material for the roof lining, slowly but surely jobs are getting ticked off. Got the TV fitted on a swivel mount for the camping trips away. Also fitted the laminate floor from a previous DIY project, think overall the rear will have cost me around £150 so can’t complain Image

Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

Got my stance + coilovers fitted along with a dark side rear flip kit as if already purchased that last year. Need to do a bit of fettling to the overall ride height and get it to where I want it. Image

I’ve also fitted full new rear brakes and I’ve got the fronts to do along with track rod ends, a tie rod end, cv boots both sides and some drop links.

I’ve encountered a problem with it constantly beeping when the ignition is on which has pointed to the ABS control module, I think it’s gone hay wire after I had to jump start the van so that’s another thing that needs sorting.

Had a few odds and sods turn up for Christmas like a spoiler and GTi gear gaitor.

Last edited by Jordyx on Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Strange that it beeps when the ignition is off, if anything it should only be when the ignition is on.
Where is the beeping coming from?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

Doc wrote:Strange that it beeps when the ignition is off, if anything it should only be when the ignition is on.
Where is the beeping coming from?
Sorry doc obviously didn’t proof read! Beeps when the ignition is on.. 3 beeps then a slight pause then 3 again. Done a little digging and it points towards the control module because I jumped it with another car? Beep is coming from the cluster area

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Ah, that makes more sense.
Are the ABS and traction control lights on?
You may have blown a fuse.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jordyx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jordyx »

Doc wrote:Ah, that makes more sense.
Are the ABS and traction control lights on?
You may have blown a fuse.
I’ve checked through all the fuses and everything seems good. Yes ABS light on and handbrake light Flashing

Last edited by Jordyx on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smith6098
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Smith6098 »

This is a great looking van! what sound deadening did you use?

Also a top tip to prevent "spiking" when jump starting a vehicle is to have to headlights turned on, on both vehicles as the bulbs will generally absorb any spike caused when creating the connection. Just gives the ECU a bit of extra protection.
Last edited by dan@biali on Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote