Just how rare are 4motion Caddys.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Friar Jake
Caddy2k Groupie

Just how rare are 4motion Caddys.

Post by Friar Jake »

Afternoon all, first proper post of hopefully many.

My dream Caddy for a while now has been a 4motion Caddy Life but finding one seems impossible, almost as if they've never been made (have they?). Even finding anything remotely Caddy 4motion in the UK has been testing.

The dream is a self conversion into something that vaguely resembles a camper, or something that is built enough to house a rooftop tent and can get me quite comfortably off the beaten track without too much concern of getting stuck.

So I'd like to ask a few questions. The first is: Is it possible to get a 4motion Caddy life in the UK? If not this model, a 4motion Maxi or Maxi Life? I looked around on here for a while and read a lot about 4motion in the UK and it's lack of popularity around 2011/2012 and also about the newish Alltrack that doesn't actually include 4motion and is FWD. Checking the usual online car sites has been pretty fruitless. Hundreds of Caddys with maybe one 4motion result.

The second question is do I actually need a 4motion? The dream is to head off to remote parts of the UK and Europe (maybe even Iceland at a push) and fly fish. Maybe take my bike too. In terms of it's camper capabilities, that's really all I want it for. All other, more local expeditions haven't needed anything more than my Polo. I'll still be commuting to work and would also need all 5 seats (hence the rooftop tent).

Any advice would really helpful.

Jake
Greg The Great
100BHP+

Re: Just how rare are 4motion Caddys.

Post by Greg The Great »

I got a 4motion Caddy Maxi Life, wasn't necessarily looking for one, just luck I guess as it came up at a very resonible price. Don't see many 4motion lifes around in the UK, think the few that are are Van's.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Friar Jake
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Friar Jake »

Cheers Greg,

Is yours from 2012 or 2013 by any chance?

Keeping my eyes peeled but only ever see the same one or two advertised with plenty miles on the clock.

Jake
Greg The Great
100BHP+

Post by Greg The Great »

mine is a 2012, with low mileage.
Meesman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Meesman »

Bought a Maxi Life 4 motion in March. Been looking for ages, low mileage too. :D
nanyk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by nanyk »

Bought a 2009 Life 4 motion in April. From dealer, came from Austria.
loglifter
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by loglifter »

If the dream is Iceland you’ll definitely need a 4motion, only 4x4 allowed on gravel roads in the interior. Amazing country btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk