Giving the workhorse daily a little love

Show off your caddy
Hiks
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Giving the workhorse daily a little love

Post by Hiks »

Figured it was long overdue to give a little time & attention to the caddy.

shes only had two owners, the first being my brother who just used it for work although it never wanted for anything really and it was always kept clean it was just left standard. I got it two years ago and did the same thing, a few mechanical jobs here & there and just kept her running each day.

I've been looking more and more at peoples caddys and I have to say you all do an excellent job and you made me look at mine and think I need to do something with it. I'm not sure how far I'll go, I'm looking at headunits just now, possibly wheels (damn you members gallery & build threads) maybe lowering will be the last thing I don't know it's still to be used as a work van. I want some exterior mods still so it's early days.

Anyway I started with a wrap to remove some age, the paintwork on the van was good really. The front drivers wing needed some work due to rust but I haven't bothered doing bodywork before the wrap apart from the usual prep that's needed.

I decided to go graphite grey in a gloss wrap so it looks more like paint...

Picked up a touran bumper for it to change the front a little...

Pretty much where I am just now
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Giving the workhorse daily a little love

Post by the swan fiend »

That looks like a nice job and a great colour mate
It always starts off with a few little mods, then it snowballs. Compared to some, I’ve done very little to mine but its still cost me a small fortune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Hiks
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hiks »

Got some more of the vinyl done, slow progress though as I've got a few projects at once.

The rear of the van as I started, removed the wiper and plated it from the back and then smoothed it in. Other than that no mods as yet, just wrapping the paintwork for a fresher look.

I still have a side left to do :lol:

Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Very nice really nice colour that wrap bit like the factory gray the caddy came with 👍
Bburnsey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Bburnsey »

Wrap mine ImageImage.. Now I've got my windows fitted got a few bits of welding to sort and I really need mine wrapping. Image

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hiks
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hiks »

Thanks Glen, exactly what I was going for I didn't want it to stand out as a wrap so stayed away from the matt & satin finishes. I probably should of done the roof in black though, maybe I'll redo it at some point.

Bburnsey - The caddy has been the easiest car I've ever wrapped, no real deep contours to deal with or tricky areas. Although its a shapely van at no point is the vinyl needing to be stretched to meet a shape, it's all pretty simple and would make a good start into wrapping. I did a friends T3 a while back, that was a bit of a nightmare in comparison.
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Will look Great when done mate 👌 I was thinking about this for a while as same as you I didn't want that matt look I want that gloss shine. Good to know it can be got and done 👍