200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2012 Maxi Build

Post by Craig Cheatham »

Nice job on the vents. Well done!
Now remapped to 145 BHP
Fensider
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Fensider »

Like those A1 seats, makes a big difference
Mk4 Caddy Black Edition owner
Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

Managed to get hold of some Touran carpets. Took the seats and bases out and obviously ripped out all the old rubber mats. It had the grey woolen insulation underneath. The yellow foam pictured came with the touran carpets but had just come unstuck. I'm in two minds whether to keep the grey insulation in and just put the carpets over the top then I can throw the yellow foam away. Or rip the grey insulation out and install the yellow foam instead?

Gave the new carpets a good pressure wash so they're now hanging up to dry over night before installing tomorrow.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

So I've had a productive couple of days on the van.

Firstly I finished putting the Touran carpets in the front foot wells. I decided not to put the yellow foam in and just lay them straight over the top of the grey insulation. They make a huge difference to the feel of the van, now just to get some good quality mats to go over the top.

I also screwed some flooring trim to cover the horrible gap between the side step and the tiles on the floor.

Next I started on the electrics in the back. I have installed dual USB points on either side as well as an 8 switch control panel. I have also ran some led strip lights round the edge of the floor. Only a cheap mod but quite a nice touch. They look quite yellow in the picture but they're fairly white in person. Looking forward to it getting dark to see them in full effect. I have also installed a small isolation switch near the rear of the drivers seat so I can reach round and switch off all of the power to the rear. I'm still waiting on my spotlights to be delivered but am looking forward to getting them installed.

My van didn't come with the cup holders that are usually found in the rear so managed to purchase a set from facebook. They were a bit battered so I primed them and sprayed them in black. I used a dremel to cut them so the sit flush against the wheel box. Very pleased with how they came out. I've realised that having a dremel is almost a must when it comes to caddy customisation.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

A bunch of new mods over the past week.

Managed to pick up a Z bed from Argos which is the perfect fit. Doubles up as comfy sofa when not in use and doesn't take up too much room

Installed 300 fibre optic lights in the ply roof. They're invisible when not turned on (during the day) but offer a really nice effect at night.

Also managed to install a 24inch flip down TV. Wired it up to my 400W inverter and kodi box so have Sky sports etc at the touch of a button.

I'm going to get a more powerful inverter so I can run a plug in heater in the future.ImageImageImageImage

rich181
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by rich181 »

Looking great now mate, good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

Cheers mate. Yeah really happy with it so far!

Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

So I've installed side windows in each side. Don't think I would have chosen to have them installed if it wasn't essential for my work. Don't think they look too bad though. Will probably look better once all my other windows are tinted.Image

Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

Installed Van X curtains in all of the windows.

Peeled the black vinyl off the rear windows so they need to be tinted soon.

I chose the black out curtains for all the windows and then the grey for the cab divider. Found it a bit annoying that they don't do black out material for the cab divider curtain so have bought some from ebay and sewn it in. When all the curtains are closed it really is pitch black in there now!ImageImageImage

Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

So the sound from the TV was a bit crap. I've bought a decent JBL bluetooth speaker and some terry tool clips and mounted it to the ceiling. My TV doesn't have bluetooth so I ran a long aux cable from the back of the TV and under the ply roof and then just plugs into the back of the speaker. The sound is so much better.

I chose to go down this route so that I can simply unplug the aux lead and take the speaker out of the clips if I want to connect my phone to listen to music whilst camping etc.

(Ignore the blue tape), just making sure my roof is aligned properly. ImageImage

Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

So haven't posted for a few weeks but still been very busy with modifications.

Originally I stated that I wouldn't be changing too much on the exterior from how I bought the van. You'll see in the next few photos that I well and truly changed my mind Image. Got jealous looking at everybody else's photos.

I removed the old rear lights and installed the new Mk 4 rear ones. Was surprised how good they looked and how easy they were to re wire. I just followed the how to on this forum. They stand out quite nicely now.

As you can see I have got rid of the black plastic bumpers and installed new colour coded front and rear bumpers along with side skirts. They have improved the exterior look dramatically in my opinion. The blue stripe on the front bumper was just done as an experiment. I cheated and just use some blue electrical tape to see whether I liked the look and actually I think I may keep it like that. Unless you got really close to inspect it you'd never know it was just tape.ImageImageImageImage

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Great looking Van
Really like the exterior mods. đź‘Ť
Where are the side skirts from ?
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
ZappaF
Caddy Fan

Post by ZappaF »

Very nice...
Which bed did you get from Argos? How’s it been in use?
Humphrey106
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Humphrey106 »

The whole body kit came from Xclusive Customs in Sheffield.

Bed is product code 425/5167 in Argos. Yeah it is perfect for what I need it for. Doubles up nicely as a sofa. I'm 6ft 3 and my feet hang off the end when it is in 'bed mode' but they do in most beds so I'm used to that. I wanted something I could easily take out if I needed the room for something else. As for the width it couldn't be a more perfect fit.

M99ABE
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by M99ABE »

[mention]Humphrey106 [/mention] cracking looking van, what was the quality like on the kit?? Tried their website but didn’t seem to work, was looking at same kit on eBay. Thanks in advance Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk