Viezu tuning box in ex-BG maxi

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
guybonn98
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Viezu tuning box in ex-BG maxi

Post by guybonn98 »

Wondering if anyone can help with this.. my ex-BG maxi has one of the viezu tuning boxes under the bonnet. Mine doesn’t seem to be plugged into anything and I wanted to try it just to see if it makes a difference, it has two parts coming from the box, one is cable tied down as if it doesn’t go onto anything but the other male part seems as if it’s the one that goes onto the fuel rail. However when I plug it in and take the OEM plug off, the fault in engine management light comes on flashing. Does anyone know anything about these things and how I can get it plugged in properly??
Cheers!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Re: Viezu tuning box in ex-BG maxi

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. Quite a couple of lads have got ex gas vans and found these boxes. (Mine didn’t have one fitted) but the general thought was that they didn’t make a difference.
If I were you I’d not bother with it, if it’s a bit more oomph you want maybe a remap to 140 bop is worth considering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
guybonn98
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by guybonn98 »

the swan fiend wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 am Hi mate. Quite a couple of lads have got ex gas vans and found these boxes. (Mine didn’t have one fitted) but the general thought was that they didn’t make a difference.
If I were you I’d not bother with it, if it’s a bit more oomph you want maybe a remap to 140 bop is worth considering?

Okeydoke I think I’ll just leave it then! Perhaps that’s why it’s been disconnected.. cheers!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Maybe so. I’ve not heard of one being connected and throwing a light on before.

Rescue me from the swans in me
veedubd
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by veedubd »

Vehicle loom plugs into box then box into fuel rail, I believe there are 2 types of program for the Viezo box performance and economy, BG were fitted with the economy versions
Dcbautosvc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Dcbautosvc »

Throw that box in the bin. Nothing but problems. I remove loads of them. Get it mapped properly if your after more power and economy.

RivalDealer2020
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RivalDealer2020 »

Hi

I have a 65 plate ex British Gas caddy with one of the boxes in question installed

Mine works fine and I’ve left it in but did wonder what the benefits of having it where.

I contacted viezu and they told me it was fitted to the bg caddy’s to try and improve overall fleet fuel economy

If only a small percentage was saved per van the overall saving after it was multiplied by the 100’s of vans it they are fitted too would end up being a great saving.

I asked what the actual performance figures where with the box fitted but naturally they wouldn’t tell me.

What the guy did say however is that it apparently allows the max fuel rail pressure to be higher than standard but mainly gives all the extra power low down.

He recommended if I wanted more performance from my 1.6 caddy I should get a proper viezu remap.

He said it’s apparently perfectly fine to leave the box still in and get a remap too, personally when I do eventually get a map I’ll remove mine.

So any bg van which has a viezu box fitted should in theory produce more power than another standard 1.6 without

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

I disappeared mine as soon as I found it mate, tuning boxes work by essentially lieing to the ECU. So any figures promised or even shown on your dash are pretty worthless. Get rid and get it booked in for a proper remap somewhere reputable dude!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk