Cluster swap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RyanG94
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Cluster swap

Post by RyanG94 »

Good evening all
Hope you are all safe i have been looking at a new cluster for the dash as in the past i have had top of the range seat leon and a few audi’s and the new caddy as much as i love her the dash just aint cutting it. I just miss the digital speedo reading in the middle screen. I dont really care about all the other bits they can do just the speedo reading. So if i get a newer golf or a polo cluster will it bolt straight in and plug in or will it all have to be rewired in?
Many thanks
Ryan
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Cluster swap

Post by Doc »

Polo won't work, golf 6 will but you'll have to fit the circuit board into your case and the speed and RPM discs will look out of place as they are plain black.
You'll need a highline instrument cluster to get the digital speed display.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
RyanG94
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by RyanG94 »

Hi doc
Thank you for the help, just thinking is there a way to code the current cluster so it will read the mph in the center screen?
I have seen these obd eleven readers that you can change all the settings on a car?
Many thanks
Ryan
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

What's the part number on your current cluster?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
scatman75
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by scatman75 »

RyanG94 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:00 am Hi doc
Thank you for the help, just thinking is there a way to code the current cluster so it will read the mph in the center screen?
I have seen these obd eleven readers that you can change all the settings on a car?
Many thanks
Ryan
you could buy a polarfis ,that will hook up to your existing cluster loom and display everything you need ,including speed...