White drl review

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

White drl review

Post by RY_VW »

Bought a pair of white drl's for £4.45 off Ebay from we sell hids...put them in yesterday and theure bang on! Will see how long they last but so far so good 8)
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Late-duber
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: White drl review

Post by Late-duber »

Are you able to put a link up to the actual item you got??? Is yours a face lift caddy???

Cheers
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283047985879

Errrr...Its a 2013 startline :? Does that answer your question? I'm absolutely clueless sorry I only ended up with a caddy because of a good deal,I know f all about them :roll:
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
More to follow 8)
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

Yes that's a facelift van

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

Ah okay thankyou, I know what the older bumper looks like and why mine in comparison is obviously the facelift but didnt know of the older bumper got a facelift and then my bumper came out. Had this conversation about my mates 05 t5 saying how it got slightly tweaked and then completely changed 8)
More to follow 8)
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

Bought them, delivered in a box not fit for purpose, one bulb was dead from the start. They replaced it. 3 weeks later one bulb died, messaged them, they said they have heard issues from caddy owners (sounds suspect to me), offered to replace bulb, did some checks on the bulbs and the filaments are ok but the resistance is too high, other bulb has also stopped working as DRL. Personally I would not recommend these bulbs and am asking for my money back. Obviously others may find them ok but I’m going to Halfords tomorrow to replace them quickly, then looking for LED ones later.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

@Papa Bear Yoo, sorry to hear that buddy i cant believe it,mine are still going strong.I'll wait till you've replied and take the post down I dont want to be recommending them if I've just got lucky and theyre are actually load of crap.
More to follow 8)
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

Not your fault. Service from them seemed good to start, bulbs seemed great but not for long.

https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43753

More info there
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

I bought them also, box is a little bit rubbish, and the firs set had a bulb that didn't work on DRL, they replaced it and I ordered a second set as spares, but there still going ok so far, service Wes good from them too, I think it maybe just a quality issue as there cheep?????

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

@Papa Bear . Did you manage to get some decent drls sorted? Mine went a couple of weeks ago so back on amber lights :mad: after your experience i dont want to buy them again
More to follow 8)