Starting to hate my caddy..

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tommyt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Starting to hate my caddy..

Post by Tommyt »

Hello, please forgive me iam no mechanic :D

Van started going into limp mode randomly then quickly started to happen freqently, now goes into limp mode within 10 seconds of me driving.

replaced maf sensor
replaced boost sensor
had a smoke test
cleaned turbo with mr muscle
replace actuator
checked all pipes

im lost please help!!!!
Tommyt
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Starting to hate my caddy..

Post by Tommyt »

oh by the way when i disconnect the maf i get boost all the time??
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If disconnecting the MAF solves your problem then I'm gonna say the MAF is your problem. Do you have an Autoscan or error codes from the ECU?

You say you've changed the MAF, is it a new good brand or known good used?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Tommyt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Tommyt »

i got a code that read air intake leak but no leak from smoke test. i did have codes but ive forgotten.
maf is brand new
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Which engine is it?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Tommyt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Tommyt »

1,9 tdi BLS
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

When smoke testing, was the EGR pipe removed?
Did the intake system hold pressure?

Tommyt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Tommyt »

no it wasnt but the system held pressure
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Have you are friend with a similar engine who might let you try the new MAF on their car?
It's be interesting to see just what it's reading versus what the ECU is expecting.

Tommyt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Tommyt »

Unfortunately I don’t, when I unplug the maf it’s over boosting a lot. I blew off I’m the inter cooler pipe 🙈 you recon get another maf sensor? I did have someone tell me it’s the variable veins sticking
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Sticky veins won't cause the MAF to read incorrectly.
Overboost after unplugging the MAF might just be down to you using it without boost for some time.
I think your best option is to get it to someone with VCDS and have the parameters checked.
VCDS will give an indication of what the MAF should be reading at different RPMs.
Also, check the MAP sensor by logging the requested vs actual boost on a run.