Insurance

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Carpkingkeith
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Insurance

Post by Carpkingkeith »

My caddy insurance is due next month? Who seems to give the best quotes for modified caddy’s? Cheers Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Insurance

Post by Doc »

Brentacre are great for modifications. If it's not power related there is no extra charge.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Vwjack88
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Vwjack88 »

Ditto, I'm with brentacre. Been with them a few years now, Cant fault them and cheapest I could find
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ve used them in the past myself, however the last few years, I’ve found Adrian Flux to be a bit cheaper for me personally. I’d say they’re worth a call. They also won’t charge extra for mods unless it’s a significant increase in power or value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Post by thecolourpurple »

Adrian flux for me

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
JlH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JlH »

Hi all,

I've managed to le my insurance lapse on a weekend :P
Clever me....
I'm hearing a lot about Brentacre but does anyone have any ideas if there are any discounts available for members, or if any other vw/camper/caddy clubs that might have a deal with them (or indeed anyone else)?
I've not been back in the UK for that long so only 3 years no claims is making things a little steep!
Thanks in advance,

Joe
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

With Brentacre, if you tell them your part of a forum or owners club they'll apply a discount. I'm not sure how much but it definitely helps when they know your an enthusiast and not just someone who doesn't care about the vehicle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Andy76
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Andy76 »

I finished up putting it on Admiral multi policy. I was actually surprised they did a van on a multi policy but it was definitely worth the call as some of the prices I got back from the likes of Adrian Flux were horrendous, despite having other policies with them.
Don’t really understand why, but that’s Insurance for you...
JlH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JlH »

Thanks all for your helpful advice, on the phone with Adrian Flux now, will post the results soon!
JlH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JlH »

UPDATE:
Adrian Flux in the end - Fully comp, including agreed value (£52), campervan modification and £2500 personal possessions (£26)
Brentacre close second but only offering £100 possessions cover and £60 more expensive.

Brentacre was quoted quite a few more miles though, but the possessions cover swung it for me.
JimBob3000
Caddy Fan

Post by JimBob3000 »

JlH wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 am UPDATE:
Adrian Flux in the end - Fully comp, including agreed value (£52), campervan modification and £2500 personal possessions (£26)
Brentacre close second but only offering £100 possessions cover and £60 more expensive.

Brentacre was quoted quite a few more miles though, but the possessions cover swung it for me.
How does the Van insurance cost compare to a car? Never had to insure myself on a van but will need to if i'm planning on joining the club
Andy76
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Andy76 »

Hard to say for direct comparison, certainly I wouldn't say it any more expensive.
The caddy is about a third of the price of the diesel 5 series i just got rid of. Like for like policy for use and mileage.

Would be worth phoning for a few quotes if you are concerned
grs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by grs »

I just got my insurance today for the Caddy Maxi from Direct Line, same insurer I have for my Fiesta and it turned out to be over 100 quid cheaper than my Fiesta! :shock: Was pretty surprised about that! No doubt will have to switch eventually since I've found that in previous vehicles, they're not too friendly to mods, but will do for now.
Gord
2015 Maxi 1.6 TDI. A never ending source of grief. Build thread here.