Any Irish Caddy Campers here?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CarlsCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Any Irish Caddy Campers here?

Post by CarlsCaddy »

This is a long shot but...

Looking to convert my Caddy Maxi to a camper which would just consist of some insulation, wooden cladding and flooring, a bed frame and some cupboards.

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with getting their caddy camper through the CVRT/DOE with these modifications? I can't see how it would be any different to ply lining and shelving a van technically but I'm not sure if they'd have an issue with it.

It wouldn't officially be classed as a motor caravan as I've no cooking facilities in it. It's just a van with a bed in the back essentially.
Smcgroarty
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Any Irish Caddy Campers here?

Post by Smcgroarty »

I’m interested in this too. Don’t see an issue if everything is removable for DOE
Boonalon
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Boonalon »

There will be no issue with the DOE, as you say there are plenty of vans out there full of gear and ply lined.

If you go down the private route, you will need to reclass the Van to private and pay the VRT, not worth it, just make sure you TAX it as a private commercial, you will be grand then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CarlsCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CarlsCaddy »

I bought the van used from a dealer which included VAT.

Surely I don't have to pay VRT on top of that do I? Will have to tax it privately as I don't have VAT number