Caddy insurance in Ireland?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: Caddy insurance in Ireland?

Post by FishermansFriend »

Hi Al, pretty close to what i'm paying so. I'm surprised the other fella's are paying more, with us been in Dublin I would have thought we would have been paying more.
Albundy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Albundy »

In saying that, AA upped my mondeo insurance last month from €700 to €1050 for absolutely no reason.
So im expecting a higher renewal on the van now next month too

I swiftly told them to cram it in their cramhole and got it for €530 with mikemurphyinsurance

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ferret
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Ferret »

@DJOHALL

What a joke. Typical Ireland robbing the motorist!
CarlsCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CarlsCaddy »

I paid €1350 in the end, 23, 3 years NCB with GMHB

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

rayflynn91
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by rayflynn91 »

Paid 520 insure my van.ie and got them to put down it for social an domestic, swung the tax as commercial read it on boards.ie that you can be perfectally tax compliment to tax a van comercially without vat number if its needed for job. So put down ppsn number got form signed by guard and got it taxed. I duuno how the woman didn't spot on insurance saying use for private use and other form saying used for work purposes but happy days fingers crossed renual will come online via email 8)
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Thanks for the info Rayflynn91, that's good to know. I may try do the same this year.
rayflynn91
Caddy Fan

Post by rayflynn91 »

I'm an engineer and we do do site work so I just put site engineer on the form that's to be signed by guard. It's worth a shot it's only once you have to get it done then your sorted.
rayflynn91
Caddy Fan

Post by rayflynn91 »

FishermansFriend wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:08 am Thanks for the info Rayflynn91, that's good to know. I may try do the same this year.
Just seen in your build thread you told your insurance about lowering the van, just wondering how did you go about this and what did they say?
Is your axle flipped at the rear or is it just the front you lowered?
Thinking of slamming mine but will it effect the insurance?

Great if you could shine a light on this?
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi rayflynn91,

I had a hard time finding a insurance company to insure me, once I mentioned lowing the van they didn't want to hear it, they dont want you messing with the suspension and coilovers was a big no, they don't want you to be able to adjust it yourself. Give Liberty a call, they seem to be the only one, I plan on changing to Liberty this year when mine is up. Give them a call and let them know your intent and see what they say before you buy a kit, especially if you want coilovers. A lot of people I was speaking to just didn't tell their insurance companies but that could end in a disaster if you had accident.

It was the CVRT that I was more worried about, chances are they will fail you for the rear axle flip which needs to happen to lower the rear. You need to have a automotive engineer fill out a "RSA Modifications Report" and sign off on it. Then present the report to the CVRT testing center.
I had to use the Eibach 45mm Sportline Spring Kit as it has a TUV Certificate. The engineer said if the kit didn't have a TUV Certificate he wouldn't have signed off on it.