Retrofitting heated seats - Ac / heater control?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Retrofitting heated seats - Ac / heater control?

Post by Corradoguy94 »

Hi,

Forgive the basic nature of these queries, but my search for answers has been fruitless - perhaps because the answer is so obvious to everyone else!

If I buy a Caddy with AC and no heated seats, would an AC unit like this be relatively plug and play (after wiring loom had been obtained for the seats) or is it likely that other gubbins are needed to make the seats work with the heated seats buttons on this controller attached below? I know a lot of VWs used to come with a standard electronics wiring loom suitable for all variants of each model of car, and if extras aren’t chosen they just don’t wire them up, but perhaps that’s too wasteful these days and all electronics is vehicle specific?

As I plan to put Golf or Audi seats in anyway, I figured I might get a nice oem look with one of these.

Any guidance on what is possible (using an auto electrician) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Last edited by Corradoguy94 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.
Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Retrofitting heated seats - Ac / heater control?

Post by Corradoguy94 »

Also, if it is possible, what should I be paying a sparky / real man to do it for me?

:lol:
Last edited by Corradoguy94 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Have you seen this thread https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22625
All the info is there to familiarise yourself with what's involved
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Its a relatively simple upgrade.
You'll need a loom
AC heater controller, with the heated seat buttons.
Depending on what seats you put in, you MAY also need a heated seat control unit ( circa £25)

Have you 4 buttons on top of your existing panel? (MK4 with heated windscreen perhaps)
The panel you pictured has a fourth button for a Webasto type diesel heater, it doesn't work the windscreen.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradoguy94 »

Thanks Giddy, I haven’t seen that (in the process of getting my access approved to the full site) but it’s great to know that when it comes through I can check back to that link to find the info. Thanks so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradoguy94 »

Thanks @tommyzooom that is really good to know. I don’t yet have a Caddy yet, but I’m building a wish list of parts and tasks as well as short listing vehicles nearby to go and see.

I wondered what that button was ( I had seen some with that icon and some with a heated screen icon) and couldn’t figure out if it was a bacon heating button! Mmmmn bacon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rohtang666
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Rohtang666 »

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I can’t seem to view or send messages atm due to no authorisation.
I’m currently at this point with my Seats upgrade.
I have fitted MK6 golf gti heated seats with a little controller on the side too (I assume for seat adjusting?)
My controller is like the one posted by mark but without seats or heated windows. It only has 3 buttons at the top, one is fake, one is a/c the other is air circulation thing.
Which controller do I need and where do I get a loom please?
Cheers guys.
Corradoguy94
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corradoguy94 »

@ Rohtang666

That thread mentioned above really looks to be the place to go for all you need to know including parts numbers. I believe Stantheman makes looms for this purpose too.

It’s better that I don’t duplicate that content and I’m sure after a bit of perseverance you’ll find all you need on there. It looks to me that mk6 golf, Passat cc and several other vws of the mk6 golf era have those controls. They all have the same or similar start to the part number and the one you want is the one with the right number of buttons (obviously) but by the sound of it you don’t need one like I showed with the heated windscreen or diesel heater options.

I’ve seen various iterations and on eBay the ones with the seat controls on them are only about 40-60 quid. I know that’s not the only cost involved, but to get an OEM look and all the functionality in the same place is my preference to fitting separate seat controls elsewhere on the plastic.
Rohtang666
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Rohtang666 »

Yes I have heard Stan the man mentioned a few times but I can’t send messages yet. I did try the link above but again I don’t have authorisation to view that forum either.

I’ll just have to keep trying every thread I find to see if they work for me, and shopping around on line.
Thanks for the help :D
Betsy123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Betsy123 »

Same for me, Stan the man still makes looms?
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

I believe he does, or tommyzoom also should be able to help you out. Once you have the necessary post count (not before) follow the instructions 'exactly' in the very first topic post, and be patient. It's a great forum, but it's manually moderated by one person, so it can take a little while for your account to be upgraded to give full access. At which point you can DM people and view all the other forum areas. this process is why we don't have any spam or annoying nonsense here, so it might seem slow right now, but you will appreciate it in the long run 👍
Geedub
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Geedub »

Another one to add to the list, when the restraints are removed, can't wait