ABS pump part number

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RedLion
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: ABS pump part number

Post by RedLion »

I have located the offending article. It appears I am missing the appropriate tool for removing the pin. Bugger. The black/white is currently jumping from 22-25, the connector on the donor part sitting in the garage jumps 22-15. Do you have any links to a pin out diagram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

And now the picture I forgot Image

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Ok, so it looks like they've replaced a 1K0-907-379P pump ABS unit, which are prone to failure, with a 1K0-907-379AF.
Because these are different generations,the wiring is slightly different.
The difference being that link wire which rather than link 22-25 are you have there, should link 15-22.
Move that and you'll need to go through the setup for the pump with VCDS.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Thanks Doc, i have ordered the appropriate (I think) pin tools arriving tomorrow. So I’ll give it a bash, I’ll let you know if the van explodes :p in terms of vcds is it a complex job, I’m thinking of purchasing, but it means partitioning my Mac or buying a pc (yuck).

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It's not complex at all, it's all guided on the Ross-tech (VCDS makers) wiki.
Essentially, you login and do the adaptions one by one.
One of the adaptions just requires you to press the brake pedal hard after starting the adaption process.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

and you have to remove the locking clip... THEN use the tool to get the terminals out.
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

As in the plastic cover for the connector that has the red lock and the cam to pull the connector away from the module?

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Or do you mean the purple secondary barrier?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm sure he means the purple secondary barrier, you can't get to the wires without the back cover off.
Let us know how you get on with it.

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

I figured as much, I’m going to attack it after the array of small humans that I own have finally stopped screaming and have gone to bed. Soon hopefully . . .

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Pin removal tool has in hand and I’m wondering whether to address this after I have purchased vcds, as you said I’ll need to set it up, am I best letting sleeping dogs lie for a minute?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

No difference, it's not working either way.

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Sir makes a valid point

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Doc wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:27 pm No difference, it's not working either way.
So, after 3 months or so i finally got round to doing this, turns out it only bloody fixed it! Doc I am eternally grateful!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You're welcome buddy, enjoy the now lack of fault lights.