1.6tdi new injectors reliability

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
durant2806
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

1.6tdi new injectors reliability

Post by durant2806 »

Hi!

Recently got myself a 2013 1.6tdi panel van 85.000kms. After about a thousand kilometres injector 2 went and about 200 kilometers later another one gone. Garage had them tested at VW and brings it back to me tonight. Didn't know about these injector issues before buying (should have searched a bit) but hopefully the car is still under warranty for about a year so it didn't cost me anything but time.
Read a lot of forums talking about this issue but never found anyone saying how many miles they did with the new injectors before they would go again (if they would eventually do). As two of mine have been replaced I wonder if they will ever have issues again or if it will be all good from now on? If I am having issues with them too often I might consider getting another model as I cant afford to change them all the time.

If anyone could help ???
Cheers
donnielee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 1.6tdi new injectors reliability

Post by donnielee »

i got a 2011 with 102.000 kilometers,just replaced my eighth one. dont buy refurbisded whatever u do. i suggest u learn how to replace them ur self,not hard
Sambessey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sambessey »

I read somewhere they are impossible to refurbish and if you’ve brought that is claimed refurbished its basically used and just cleaned up
durant2806
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by durant2806 »

Donnielee, 8 in 102k 🥺 hope I won't get the same... I might learn how to change one but money wise I can't afford to change them all the time... If I have more problems with them I'll consider asking for a refund (legal here in Belgium) and get myself a 2.0L but can't really afford that... So I'll hope for the best.
Such a shame cause I love my caddy and its the only small van that works that well with fitting my mountainbikes...
2013Caddyman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by 2013Caddyman »

I just had a nightmare with a refurbed injector. Installed and it still wouldn't come out of limp mode. Replaced with new and now It works again. Someone here said not to bother with the refurbs.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If you can get a new injector for £225 then it's total false economy to spend any more that £100 on a used one, especially one with the old part numbers.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort