Not your standard seat question

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RedLion
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Not your standard seat question

Post by RedLion »

Hullo folks, I have a conundrum, i have done several searches and not found any answers, I have bought a full set of half leather A4 seats, they're a little older than id like but they're in good condition, were the right price and will be a hell of a lot more comfy than the standard seats. I have fitted a touran base to the passenger side and attempted to fit the passenger seat to it. It is not a straight fit. Whilst all bolt holes line up just fine on the seat rails there are 2 locator pins, one on each rail. On the touran base there in only one, i forget which side as ive given up for the evening and am drinking cider instead. Can anyone shed any light on why this might be? are they from a very old model? i will post some pics tomorrow, just very confused. They cant be too old as they have airbags and electric lumbar support. Also, there is every chance that i'm just being thick. Fanks :)
RedLion
100BHP+

Re: Not your standard seat question

Post by RedLion »

I should add, i'm not against grinding off the offending pin, i would just prefer not to make any unnecessary modifications. These are a a stop gap seat for me until i find my ideal set so i wont be drilling the bases.
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Papa Bear »

I’m sure I’ve read that some need to cut off a pin with certain seats.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Some of the larger Audi seats have these pins.
My A6 seats had them so i drilled the Touran bases to allow them to drop in.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
R33DCX
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by R33DCX »

My A4 seats had this and we just cut it off :)
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Base drilled. I guess it was a standard seat question :lol: