Engine Issues

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
seank
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Engine Issues

Post by seank »

Hi

My names Sean from the North East. Just bought a 2011 Caddy Maxi 1.6 with a view to converting into camper. Previous owner put down flooring and insulated and carpeted walls and ceiling.

All thing were good until yesterday. Went to pull away and engine would start but would cut out after a few seconds. Ended up getting it towed back to house. The previous owner said 2 out of the 4 injectors were recently replaced so may be another one has gone. Friend suggested starting it with full throttle and that seems to have done the trick. Starts now and holds idle but don't want to chance driving it again in case i have the same issue.

Anyone encountered anything similar or have any idea what problem might be.
Caddylife2020
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Engine Issues

Post by Caddylife2020 »

Best bet is it get it hooked up to a OBD reader and see what fault codes have been generated (VCDS, obdeleven, delphi).
could be a number of things, hopefully the fault codes will cut out the guess work.
seank
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by seank »

Cheers for quick reply. I have found a local diesel technician so will try and get booked in and take it from there. Just hoping it's not a injector issue.
seank
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by seank »

Got it checked out and injector 4 is gone. Not looking forward to the quote for replacement. Any ideas what to expect roughly so I know if I am being ripped off.