Cornish Caddy build thread

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RedLion
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Cornish Caddy build thread

Post by RedLion »

Drying in the sun now Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Papa Bear »

Those wheels will look great on a caddy :D
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Swamper style! The old Landy is going this week I think, I’ll be sad to sell it really

Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Papa Bear »

I was sad to get rid of mine. Was more sad when I got rid of my last SJ samurai though
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

I can imagine, I’ve had this one 8/9 years, but it’s time to thin the herd in favour of something more fun

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

So I got carried away and fitted the stalks ready for cruise control and trip computer too, i discovered I have a low line swcm so need to source a highline

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You'll need midline if you're not fitting a MFSW.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

I will be fitting one soon enough so I was kinda thinking along the future proofing lines, I want to fit an 8 button gti mfsw, is there any issue fitting a highline as it sits? Also, according to the Ross tech parts list with this swcm I should have a steering angle sensor but there wasn’t one I could see when I took it apart . . .

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Ok, just be aware that if you don't have a MFSW but you fit a highline SWCM, you'll have no horn.

Just because Ross-tech list your SWCM as capable of running a steering angle sensor, doesn't mean it'll have one fitted, just that it's possible.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

That’s good to know, thanks very much, I will source a both parts and fit at the same time then. What are the merits of having a steering angle sensor and not?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I don't know any benefit of having a steering angle sensor, i know if you don't have one then you don't have hydraulic steering and that's one less fault prone part to worry about.

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Today I put the abs on the back burner, so I could install new toys.

After seeing sean1066’s auto headlights I had to do the same. I’m very impressed, I think it’ll be a couple of days before I’m confident enough in the new switch to take the old one out of the glove box but that’s because I’m weird.

I also fitted and installed some interim half leatherseats from an a4, after a good clean that is! They have totally transformed the comfort and look of the cab, im well impressed.

I think tomorrow I’ll have to give it a rest and pay some attention to the misses. She is wearing her angry face.

Just need to figure out how electric the seats are, whether it’s just lumbar support or perhaps heated too (wishful thinking)

RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

Another update, I am slightly less impressed, I just popped outside and discovered that my sidelights had come on. Sigh. I guess ill figure that out tomorrow.

Anyway, List update:

1, passenger side wing mirror DONE
2, high level brake light DONE
3, mfsw
4, seats that don't ruin your back DONE
5, Alloys DONE
6, Stereo upgrade, im undecided whether to go OEM or aftermarket
7, Rear view camera
8, Learn to use vcds
9, Fix paintwork
10, Cruise Control INSTALLED NEEDS CODING
11, Fix ABS/EPC fault light
12, Deep clean the filthy interior! DONE
13, Cluster from something more refined as the lack of temperature gauge is killing me. BOUGHT, NOT FITTED AS IT APPEARS TO BE A RABBIT HOLE
14, Auto Lights SORT OF
15, Touran Carpets BOUGHT AND CLEANED BUT WONT GO IN UNTIL I PICK UP NO.16
16, Touran Centre console and Arm rest

As predicted the list is growing, but i am happy with the progress of the first 3 weeks of ownership.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

That’s a nice “more of a tidy up list than build list” you’ve got going on!

Looks a lot like a great build list to me

Great progress to date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
RedLion
100BHP+

Post by RedLion »

hahaha damn the interwebs and its chronicling of everything for ever! thanks though

but you're right, it is totally a build list now. Im smitten, first van i've owned and its brilliant! I havent put it on the list but im toying with lowering now too only concerned about putting all my work stuff in lowered.

Also, having noticed a new noise yesterday (a kind of ticking sound from the drivers front deffo engine speed related rather than road speed.) I have decided that if the engine goes pop im just going to replace it. If the Gearbox goes, I'll go 6 speed. buuuut hopefully its something less sinister.

I have totally fallen for the van! haha