Sarbs mk4. *folding mirrors*

Show off your caddy
tonyhill
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Sarbs new caddy

Post by tonyhill »

Regarding the spoiler, how soon after bonding can you drive it, does it form a strong bond fairly quickly, or are you best leaving it for a few hours??
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Mine was left for around 5hrs with tape holding it in place. Was solid enough after that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Shassen
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Shassen »

@Sabbunsingh

Hi.

Very nice looking van there.

The MB wheels? Are they 8,5" in front and 9" in the back?
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Shassen wrote:@Sabbunsingh

Hi.

Very nice looking van there.

The MB wheels? Are they 8,5" in front and 9" in the back?
8 front and 8.5 rear

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Van got put on the dyno. Made an impressive 192 hp and a load of torque. The map that matt from dubunit put on is top notch. Just hope my 5 speed box holds strong.
Dyno run made me really happy so I treated it to a wash and finally put my plate on.ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Sabbunsingh on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Very nice bud....!
I think the red reflection of the ramp post in the dyno picture looks like a decal.....i love it! :lol:
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

Red reflection made me think of the A team
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Shassen
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shassen »

Sabbunsingh wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 pm 8 front and 8.5 rear

@Sabbunsingh

You sure about 8,5 in the rear? I was in contact with MB to check on prices and I got the reply that it's available in three different sizes.

8x20 ET42
9x20 ET54
9,5x20 ET57
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Shassen wrote: @Sabbunsingh

You sure about 8,5 in the rear? I was in contact with MB to check on prices and I got the reply that it's available in three different sizes.

8x20 ET42
9x20 ET54
9,5x20 ET57
I am 99 percent sure rear is 8.5

Shassen
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shassen »

Sabbunsingh wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:46 am I am 99 percent sure rear is 8.5

All right. Thanks.
VeeCee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by VeeCee »

Stunning van...quite possibly the nicest wheels I've seen on a caddy so far 8)
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

VeeCee wrote:Stunning van...quite possibly the nicest wheels I've seen on a caddy so far 8)
Cheers dude

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

After seeing a few threads about newer stalks I went on the hunt for some. Got an ebay bargain for a set and had a little play. The look is alot better and the fit works better with newer flat bottom steering wheel. I used to sometimes catch my hands on the standard stalks, these sit at a better angle and have more clearance.
Also put the van in winter mode with s3 alloys on all season tyres and raised up by 15mm on the front and 1 hole on the rear. Van drives so much better and smoother. I can clear bumps without issues now lol. I will refurb the 20's over winter ready for next year. Thinking an antique brass/dark gold colour.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Managed to get a passenger light second hand and got a drivers side brand new. Cannot wait to get these fitted. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G981B using TapatalkImage

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

phil
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by phil »

they will look great, ive been hunting for ages for any of these but with no avail. where did you source yours?