'Park it in a hedge' Spec Maxi

Show off your caddy
chris577612
Caddy Fan

Re: 'Park it in a hedge' Spec Maxi

Post by chris577612 »

Sounds good.. Have to get some pics up when you have it all in!

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

samwises
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by samwises »

Newbie to the forum. I'll get a build thread up soon!
chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Few bits to update..

I've swapped the seats for Touran sport seats so now have comfier seats, under seat storage, rear trays and the passenger seat folds flat which is great too when camping in it. We'll worth it..

Whilst I was at it I fitted an underseat sub under the passenger seat but above the leisure batt electrics. Bit of hastle and far from perfect but does a job!

ImageImageImageImage

chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Also added a table to the rear door. Wanted a detachable table that was easy to store away and could be used with the door open of closed. Used 18mm ply and a US aluminium rail bracket. Comes in 75cm length so may add the other half of the door side bracket elsewhere to give another table mount option.

Whilst I was there I've put some 20mm blank grommets in the rear door hinge holes to close them off. Maybe a waste of time but tidies it up and seals it off a little.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

m9yty
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by m9yty »

Rear door table is a great idea tbf! :idea:
samwises
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by samwises »

Great idea with that removal rail bracket! Think I could use that for project ;)
chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Cheers, The rail stuff does work nicely. It's mounted on a curved piece of wood to take out the bend in the door panel. The hidden fixings I used for the door panel weren't man enough for the loaded table so had to add the screws on the panel top edge. Might be a cleaner way of doing that..

chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Only little bits and bobs done recently. Table edges routed and varnished. Bolts fitted to the sliding part of the bed to secure it when driving and a few cheeky nights away.
Also just done an oil and filter change including addition of a drain valve. Nice quality bit but won't be able to pass comment on if its worth it until next service! ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by chris577612 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Half size golf undertray (1K0825237J) fitted today in an attempt to reduce the amount of spray up in to the engine bay in bad weather. Chose the half size version to keep servicing as quick as possible.ImageImage

Brebuilds
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brebuilds »

Love the headliner, nice idea, looks neat 👌🏻
chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Today I finally got round to fitting the speakers I bought about 6months ago!

Used rivnuts and m5 bolts to fit the speaker adaptors following what others have done on here. Image Would recommend that.. Really solid even on the plastic adaptors.

Modest amount of deadening on the outer skin and inner door panel.

Butchered the original tweeters and inserted the new ones in thier place. Then fed the tweeter cables down to near to where the original loom cables go through to the door.
Identified and spliced into the original speaker wiring here to give input and door speaker output and mounted the crossover to the chassis.

Also put some left over insulation on the backs of the door cards whilst I was there.

VERY happy with the results.. Deadening has reduced the road noise and the speakers sound much better with the underseat sub where it stood out a bit much when I had the original speakers in.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

Few little bits done recently. Lesser spotted engine cover tracked down and fitted..

Worked out that the AGM leisure battery I have isn't suitable for charging solely with the split charge relay I was using. Therefore needed either new leisure battery or to swap the split charger relay for a battery to battery charger. In the end I went for a Votronic B2B charger which is now in and seems to work nicely.

In getting that swapped over I took the underseat sub out and have mounted it on some alu plate rather than the ply.. Still not a great job but had to cobble it together with what I had at hand. Will improve that when I get some time.

ImageImage

chris577612
Caddy Fan

Post by chris577612 »

New Varta E44 096 battery and Golf battery box to replace the old 027 battery and cat hair ridden blanket.ImageImage

Vag wag
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Vag wag »

A great thread.. thanx
Lots of interesting ideas..
You must be pleased with the results..
Bobtknob
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bobtknob »

Very interesting and well thought out van

Love the pallet wood interior, and the table on the rear door, will be looking into doing something similar for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk