Show off your caddy
ashigham
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Mountain Bike/Day Van Daily Driver

Post by ashigham »

Hi Chris,

Love the van looks perfect for biking.

Quick question regarding the carpet in the back though. Do you not find that the bikes get it muddy/dirty?

I’m undecided weather to just paint my ply, or carpet. I want to keep it as low maintenace as possible and a dirty carpet sounds like hard work lol.

Also where do you put your front wheel when the bike is mounted with the forks?

Cheers mate

Ash
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

I'll take a photo and show you a mount but basically some thumb turn bolts a piece of floor board and some conduit bits for the mount.

No problem with the carpet if any mud does get on there wait for it to dry and brush off

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Been a while need to get some photos up but recently fitted some S5 blades, and need to remake my bike mount. Met up with @Doc for him to help me find the issues I was having with my cruise control I had fitted. Turns out the coding I did with my OBDEleven unit was spot on it was 2 damaged wires in the stalk where the scrappies had ragged it out had split and needed soldering back together. Then got talking to matt @dubunit and left with a remap and about 140bhp lol.

Needless to say the drive home was awesome the van pulls so nicely all the way to 4k (probably more but didn't feel the need to try. I now don't have to down shift to 4th when Lorries pull out and slow me down. the van can accelerate from 55 to 70 in 5th no issues no bogging down or anything and in general it drives so much better.

Got home repaired the wires and cruise control works spot on .
Highly recommended Matt and Doc for any caddy or dub related services wicked set of guys very helpful and friendly., Also rang Brentacre to find out how much the map would cost on the insurance and it turns out for a stage 1 map on their van policies they don't charge as they know it's more about drivabiltiy than chasing 0-60 times
www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Result after result right there dude.
Enjoy your power, cruise control and knowing it hasn't cost you extra on your insurance.
Matt's remaps are good, getting it on a discounted forum price is a bonus too.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Yeah solid results, Matt's map is really nice to drive with went to Doncaster and back the day after I saw you guys and it was a really nice drive, just got to find that suspension knock now and sort that bloody rocker leak
www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods: