Front Anti Rollbar Bushes

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Daved-and-Confused
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Front Anti Rollbar Bushes

Post by Daved-and-Confused »

Hi,
Looking for clarification on the front anti rollbar bushes, I bought upgraded front bushes a while ago and just got round to fitting them today ( read try fitting them)
I fully expected them to be like the rear where I remove the 2 bolts holding the clamp over the bush, take off the old bush, replace with a new bush and replace the clamp.
When I removed the bolts the bush and clamp seem to be one piece and very reluctant to be separated. I have since had a look on google to read that possibly the bush and clamp are assembled on the arb and crimped together. It also suggested that if the bushes need replaced then the whole arb assembly including bushes and clamps are replaced as one - surely not?
If this is the case do I need to try and separate the clamp from the old bush or can you buy a separate clamp for use with the new upgraded bush.
I have just left the old bushes in place for now until I can hopefully clarify the situation - any help would be appreciated.
Cheers, Dave.
Ex BG 2011 1.6 tdi - colour coded front and rear bumpers, mirror covers. Side windows and front window wind deflectors. Scirocco 18” Interlagos alloys. Spax RSX coilovers, Gaz rears. Touran rear seats with integrated child seats and head protection headrests. Sound deadening/ insulation with Caddy Life headlining, full interior plastics, custom made boot box,bulkhead with load through.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Front Anti Rollbar Bushes

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
The front ARB bushes are indeed contained within the clamp and a pig to change.
You will need to drill/grind out the face where the captive nut is pressed into the flat side of the clamp to split it apart. Unfortunately it's not a ten minute job but it is possible with the correct tools.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster

Post by sheepy92 »

Looking at them are the bushes accessible to remove also im looking at changing my front anti roll bar does this require dropping the front subframe it looks awfully tight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Daved-and-Confused
Caddy2k Groupie

Cheers Doc, much appreciated, as you’ll see I registered a while ago but never posted - mainly cos I’ve never had anything constructive to add.
Thanks for clarifying, it always amazes me how manufacturers have the ability to take a simple uncomplicated item and just add an unnecessary level of difficulty in replacing or repairing.
Just following on from what Sheepy said, does this require the subframe to be dropped or can the bushes be slid along the arb from their original position towards the middle of the car/bar and split there ?
TIA
Ex BG 2011 1.6 tdi - colour coded front and rear bumpers, mirror covers. Side windows and front window wind deflectors. Scirocco 18” Interlagos alloys. Spax RSX coilovers, Gaz rears. Touran rear seats with integrated child seats and head protection headrests. Sound deadening/ insulation with Caddy Life headlining, full interior plastics, custom made boot box,bulkhead with load through.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's 40 times easier with the subframe out, I can't imagine the headaches of trying to do it in situ.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Daved-and-Confused
Caddy2k Groupie

Okay doke, thanks.