Knocking in steering wheel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

Knocking in steering wheel

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Anyone else get a knocking when they shake their steering wheel side to side ?

First time Caddy owner maybe I’m just not used to the sounds etc yet lol makes me worry the steering rack is on its way
Grantek

Re: Knocking in steering wheel

Post by Grantek »

Have you not already made a post about this? Pretty sure if there was any issues your garage would’ve picked it up on inspecting the underside of the van. Given the symptoms you described in your other post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Knocking in steering wheel

Post by Doc »

From this description, I would suggest you fit the upgraded subframe bolts.
The standard subframe bolts are a sheer type which elongate after years of tension and become loose, this means the subframe can move slightly as the bolts are M12 in a 14mm hole.
The upgrade has been discussed quite a bit on the forum, I'm sure it's in the suspension section.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort