Caddy injector problem question please

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
helipil0t
Caddy2k Groupie

Caddy injector problem question please

Post by helipil0t »

Quick question please does the Caddy 1.6 engines fitted to the 2014 vans have the same injector problems as the earlier 2010 onward engines. Seem to see a lot of problems listed on the forums for the earlier motors but few on the 2014 and newer vans. Was their a injector change to cure the problem ?
Sorry if this has been asked before, looking to purchase a Caddy and trying to research what i should buy first .
Thanks John.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy injector problem question please

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
It is correct, there was a revised injector fitted to the 2013+ 1.6TDI, they are identified by part numbers ending in B (older version) and S (new type).
This is often confused for being Bosch Vs Siemens which is not the case, they are all Siemens brand.
While it is much more common on the B suffix injector, the S suffix version does fail and is not without problems. Like anything engine related, the care it has had in driving style, fuel quality, servicing, etc. will ultimately determine the reliability.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Greenwise
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Greenwise »

ive got mk3 2014, had one injector changed.. im up to 44k now n no more hassle from them....yet ;)
think the failure is electronic not mechanical from what ive read.

AA Parts n Garage cover for me :lol:
Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

How bad injector show on vcds/obd11, wich values is good wich bad? Thanks
BradHendo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BradHendo »

AA parts and labour, good peace of mind if you’ve a 1.6. I haggled and got £25 my yearly price
helipil0t
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by helipil0t »

Thanks for the information have ended up with a 2017 2.0 model so hopefully they should be okay on the later version
Frutte79
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Frutte79 »

If an injector goes bad, do yoy have to get towed or can you still drive?