Stereo upgrade

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Peng
Caddy Fan

Stereo upgrade

Post by Peng »

Just a quick one, looking to upgrade my stereo to a RCD360. Is there any reason why I couldn't buy a stereo from a European country to fit in my caddy? Will it work the same with FM etc?
Dale191270
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Stereo upgrade

Post by Dale191270 »

Hi
I got my stereo of someone in Poland. all works OK the only thing I cant delete off it, is a German audio book that is on the hard drive. I must update the satnav on it, its about 2 years out of date now. FM frequency wouldn't be a problem all the same bud.
Peng
Caddy Fan

Post by Peng »

Cheers for the reply. Thats what I thought/hoped would be the case!
Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

Rcd 360 stands for bad unit, display go black and motherboard issues, better job is rcd 330 plus 187b noname,mirror link, android auto,reversing camera, apple carplay,updates, plays flac from usb, only no rds because is for china region.
My stock was rcd310 and go for rcd330plus because usb and flac player.
Hard to find but seller ddren from china is best guy, find him on rcd330.com, very responsive and resolve all problem, if any.. Very happy
Last edited by Andrejm on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Semster
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Stereo upgrade

Post by Semster »

Hi mate.

I’ve had a 360 pro installed for a prob 3 weeks now.
No issue so far. and it’s pretty hot here at the moment too.
it is definitely lesser quality with the surround and plastic. But not as bad as I thought. The buttons are lesser quality and the shade of the red backlight is more orange is say.
I’m not to sure about the bad reports of these units. I do agree the 330 is better and upgradable.
The 330 isn’t manufactured anymore (hence the 360 release) So i did see the prices rising for the last of the stock of the 330. * I could be wrong with this info it’s just what I read at the time of my research

But yeah. So far so good with the 360 on my end. I got it from AliExpress

Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

Hi, yes the 330 plus is out of production, and chinese guy that sells unit claims that price for him only go up, i ordered 2 month ago for 280$ and import aditional 70$,now is 310$ maybe last units remaining.
For 360 i read on other forum, that heat distribution is not that good and unit fail, maybe you are lucky and unit survive.. :D
Benj87
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Benj87 »

I’ve got one of these in my watch list as I love the OEM look it gives, emailed travelinlite and they said that it’s not DAB which is a shame.. is there any others out there that look as good as this with DAB?
Semster
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Stereo upgrade

Post by Semster »

Andrejm wrote:Hi, yes the 330 plus is out of production, and chinese guy that sells unit claims that price for him only go up, i ordered 2 month ago for 280$ and import aditional 70$,now is 310$ maybe last units remaining.
For 360 i read on other forum, that heat distribution is not that good and unit fail, maybe you are lucky and unit survive.. :D
Yeah man. Ordered the 360. then whilst it was coming from China I saw that post. Started worrying then didn’t care. It’s only got to last me until my Discover Media comes back from being hacked.

I also think that forum is bashing the 360 because they cannot make money from firmware sales. (Which you can get off of reddit for free anyway)

But there is no denying it is not oem quality. It functions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

@Benj87 i use internet radio,first pair radio and phone, on second connection vw radio connects to phone imideatly if phone has turned on bluetoth and mobile data, no need to find phone in pocket or purse.
Android Auto app have also Tune it app inside, must be installed on phone, and listen any radio station over internet, thus phone is connected to unit for hands free if somebody calls.
Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

@Semster they say also that Desay units stop receiving updates, on the other forum Desay units stand a lot better quality product like Bosch, but again, the seller claim that Noname has few options more than Desay and Bosch, and work cooler.
And i have little issue with my unit, from right setup knob the black inner vinil sticker (that make red round on knob) fall off, contact the seller and she send my new knob right away, for free, must open the unit and replace, not hard job, now im thinking to solder back usb and avoid wires from hanging in front of unit..
Personally i don't think that 360 is that much bad unit when is oem instalation, and they claim this, maybe you are right, only for make money.. Cheers
Benj87
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Benj87 »

Andrejm wrote:@Benj87 i use internet radio,first pair radio and phone, on second connection vw radio connects to phone imideatly if phone has turned on bluetoth and mobile data, no need to find phone in pocket or purse.
Android Auto app have also Tune it app inside, must be installed on phone, and listen any radio station over internet, thus phone is connected to unit for hands free if somebody calls.
Brilliant, I’ll have a good think about it then. Just read your post below about a back connection for USB. Something I’d like to do too.

Dons101
Caddy Fan

Post by Dons101 »

After seeing all the reviews about the rcd360 I went with this
NVGOTEV Volkswagen Car Stereo 2 Din In-Dash Satellite GPS Navigator, 7 Inch Car player with DVD CD Player Support GPS,USB SD,FM AM RDS,Bluetooth, SWC,Wince 6.0 with Free 8GB Map Card Included
must say very pleased even gives readouts of the caddy status fuel level temp etc
2011 Caddy Maxi Navy Blue, MFK remap to 142.6 bhp
Restless, avid traveler. Would rather hike in the mountains, fish in the sea, canoe in a lake or river than surf a couch.
Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

@Dons101 is sound quality similar or same like rcd-s? Tons of connection from yours unit,have everything, but i dont see if could play FLAC files from usb? Thanks
Benj87
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Benj87 »

Dons101 wrote:After seeing all the reviews about the rcd360 I went with this
NVGOTEV Volkswagen Car Stereo 2 Din In-Dash Satellite GPS Navigator, 7 Inch Car player with DVD CD Player Support GPS,USB SD,FM AM RDS,Bluetooth, SWC,Wince 6.0 with Free 8GB Map Card Included
must say very pleased even gives readouts of the caddy status fuel level temp etc
Does that have apple car play bud? Also just had a quick look and it says it only fits models up to 2013. What year is yours bud?

Dons101
Caddy Fan

Post by Dons101 »

Mines a 2011 and as I don't have an apple I haven't checked about apple play
the sound quality seems good , only had it in a few days and still on stock speakers.

Please explain about FLAC files ?? ( new one for me :?: )
2011 Caddy Maxi Navy Blue, MFK remap to 142.6 bhp
Restless, avid traveler. Would rather hike in the mountains, fish in the sea, canoe in a lake or river than surf a couch.