UK Insurance for customized Caddys

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
helipil0t
Caddy2k Groupie

UK Insurance for customized Caddys

Post by helipil0t »

Hi Guys and Gals
Looking at purchasing a customized caddy whic has been lowered 19inch alloys and 40 bhp map increase what sort of prices and what is the best company to insure with ? currently have a TTRS with adrian flux at £300 but i am 60+ :D
Any information wouid be gratefully received
Regards John.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: UK Insurance for customized Caddys

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ve used Adrian Flux for the last few years, they’ve been cheapest. A lot of lads use Brentacre, Green light, and A plan.
Most won’t charge you extra for mods, proving they don’t significantly increase power or value.
It seems they’ve finally realised that people who modify vehicles also cherish and care for them usually!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Craig Cheatham
200BHP+

Post by Craig Cheatham »

hi, I use Adrian Flux, but also get a quote from Brentacre, if you have a moded van i think you will find these two your best bet.
Now remapped to 145 BHP
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

I’m with Flux as well 👍
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

Another one with flux, been with them for years and can’t fault them

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

+1 for flux :D
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
helipil0t
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by helipil0t »

Thanks so much for all the replys, i was with Flux on the TTRS so will just change the policy over to the caddy. All looking good hopefully will have it tomorrow.
Cheers guys
Benj87
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Benj87 »

Glad this has been raised. I need to get some quotes that will allow mods too. Sounds like I’ll have to get a quote with Flux 😊
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Flux is good for those with semi campervan conversions and the like, as they do an add-on insurance cover for contents that are not normally covered like cooking, sleeping stuff, tents/awnings etc. TV ....
Handy cover for not much extra.
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

I'm with brentacre for the caddy and the golf both modified and mapped can't fault them excellent service

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Just had my renewal through from aviva so rang them up and asked how much extra for it being lowered, I didn't get round to the remap as they refused cover on the lowering.

Rang flux up, listed all mods, came back cheaper than renewal from aviva who ive been with 25 years+ so i didn't bother ringing round i just paid flux lol.
£455 fully comp, protected no claims etc etc, said any other styling mods will be added at no extra charge as long as I tell them about it.
Commercial policy.

EDIT, ringing Adrian flux up is one of the worst decisions I've ever done regarding vehicles, 4 weeks of messing about, I've just cancelled and requested a refund, I will never ring them again. I know a lot use them but I will avoid at all costs.
See my last post in this thread regarding aplan insurance, the difference is like chalk and cheese, I can not recommend aplan enough. Thanks to everyone who suggested them.
Last edited by Scoobysrt on Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Yeah flux are good. I’m with them. I think some companies have finally realised that people who modify their vehicles also care for them, and not just go hooping around in them.

Rescue me from the swans in me
Ancaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ancaddy »

A plan for me.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I wished I had rung round a bit now to be honest, I've had nothing but myther from flux today, its not due until 18th December but I paid yesterday to get things done, now the policy and certificate etc won't download after joining their 'portal' and they are hounding me for a mileage reading even though I've another few weeks before it starts.

Im on 4k limited miles so I asked them out of interest how much it would be to up it to 6k and they said another £85!!
I said thats excessive so I might cancel as I'm in my 14 day period and find someone else as I didn't expect 10 emails asking me for a mileage reading in 4 hours and they said its a £30 charge which I'm pretty sure is bs as its my statutory right to have full refund in 14 days, so for now I'll stick with it and see how it goes, after the hassle I had trying to download the documents which still won't download I requested paper versions be sent out.

I told them the mileage reading would be sent in on the day the policy starts not 23 days before!

I won't stay with them next year though, I hate hassle with these things.
Last edited by Scoobysrt on Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Padrino
Caddy Fan

Post by Padrino »

If the policy is not started, the policy is not active. The 14 days rule is from the start of the policy. You can cancel now and they WILL refund you 100%. Don't let them tell you anything else. At the moment you have paid for a service they haven't provided as yet, so NO WAY they can charge you anything.
Orgoglioso di essere Italiano 🇮🇹