Caddy gear issues

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dubsinghcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy gear issues

Post by Dubsinghcaddy »

Good morning ppl

Had an odd issue yesterday gear selection got worse gradually on a drive to a point even selecting first was difficult ... parked up to check if there was any obvious damage/issue and nothing

When the gear lever is moved it feels very loose ...the cables can be see moving on the gearbox end :?

Kind off lost as to what it could be any one experience this issue? Had the car towed back but can’t get under it till the weekend any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy gear issues

Post by the swan fiend »

The only time I’ve ever experienced an issue like that was on a car where the gear linkage came apart. If there’s no obvious issue with the clutch that would be the first thing I’d check
Hope you get it sorted mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You won't need to get under your caddy to check the gear linkages, at least not the gearbox end which is the only end that's accessable.
Does it make any difference if the engine is running or turned off?
When it does go into gear, does the clutch feel ok? Usual pedal travel?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dubsinghcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Dubsinghcaddy »

just feels like the clutch pedal does nothing ...i guess take the air box first and inspect the linkages (which are moving as the gear stick is moved about )

really odd the engine running and it has no effect really bizzare
Ac490
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Ac490 »

My caddy has started something like this. Fine when cold but as it warms up gears are tighter to move and select.i had a Google and there is a commen problem with the linkeges getting corroded or something. I just wondered if there ok when cold but as they warm up things expand and get tighter hence the tight gear selector. I'm going to remove air box and try lube everything up and see if that helps. Also remove gear gator and lube in around there
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I had this on my 07 1.9tdi but for the life of me I can't remember the cause/solution.
I want to say it was the cable had come out of its mounting on the gearbox side or the levers had become dry but I just can't remember.
Hope you both find the solution, its annoying when things go wrong and you can't find the cause.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro