Something isn’t right [emoji2359]

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Benny88
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Something isn’t right [emoji2359]

Post by Benny88 »

So after having my van lowered last week it doesn’t feel or sound the same!!

First difference is I feel a knocking coming from underneath my drivers seat (so presume it’s from the drivers wheel)

Secondly this morning I went have my spigot rings placed on my new TD 1.3, when reversing off the ramp & out the garage, it sounded as if my brakes had seized YET on way to garage was absolutely fine!!

Now when I turn on full lock right hand down, the sound comes back!!

Lastly I fitted my touran armrest this afternoon and now it’s CONSTANTLY telling me to release my handbrake no matter what I do!!

Can anyone help on any of these dilemmas now wishing never started touching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Something isn’t right [emoji2359]

Post by Doc »

Get in around your wheels with a torch, I'm gonna say something is rubbing and it should be obvious.
Fitting spigot rings should make no difference to wheel clearance.

You may have unplugged or damaged the handbrake cable when fitting the centre console. Without knowing what you've done while fitting it's difficult to say for sure. Maybe you've pinched the wires while bolting things up?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

Also check your camber. Mine was knocking on turning right and it bugged me to death until a garage found out the camber was way out after lowering it
Benny88
100BHP+

Post by Benny88 »

Doc wrote:Get in around your wheels with a torch, I'm gonna say something is rubbing and it should be obvious.
Fitting spigot rings should make no difference to wheel clearance.

You may have unplugged or damaged the handbrake cable when fitting the centre console. Without knowing what you've done while fitting it's difficult to say for sure. Maybe you've pinched the wires while bolting things up?
I’ll try get van on ramp see what can find Image

As for wires when put everything back nothing looked different we even tried slacking the handbrake off again see if made any difference but no joys!

Benny88
100BHP+

Post by Benny88 »

DeanWhit wrote:Also check your camber. Mine was knocking on turning right and it bugged me to death until a garage found out the camber was way out after lowering it
I’ll get it booked in bud see if it is off or not thanks for advice Image

Oldgregg
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Oldgregg »

With the armrest it’s not something simple such as the handbrake hitting the bottom of the slot and not being able to be fully released is it? As mine did a similar thing first of all.

petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

emoji2359

? Flag of Greenland