Roof rack removal

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
edie209
Caddy2k Groupie

Roof rack removal

Post by edie209 »

When I bought my caddy a couple weeks ago the chap said he dad lost the key for the roof bars. Any suggestions on how to remove them? Image

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Roof rack removal

Post by C Chis »

Have a look on the barrels for the key numbers and you should be able to get replacement keys online from Ebay or Amazon or from the roof bar manufacturer if you know who it is.

or perhaps a local locksmith might be able to get them unlocked, worth a try before getting the drill out....
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I am a locksmith, if you don't want them or dont want to sell them on a flat bladed screwdriver will force them round.
If you are anywhere near the peak district ill open them for free for you.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
edie209
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by edie209 »

Thanks for the offer, I am in Cornwall so a bit of a treck. I have found the make Bragan and the barrel number. I have just emailed them, who knows I might be lucky. Otherwise I will probably try your method.

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Its very hit and miss,
If you get no luck and want a non destructive way im happy to try and talk you through picking it via pm, it will be easy to do once I've explained what you need to do.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
edie209
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by edie209 »

Thanks that's really kind of you. I will report back.