Life mirrors - LHD or RHD

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Life mirrors - LHD or RHD

Post by C Chis »

Looking for a quick wee favour...

Can someone that has the caddy life mirrors fitted to their van check the distance between the window glass and the outer edge of the mirror surround on both sides for me.

My LHS (passenger side) is ~65mm, just wondering if it’s meant to be shorter for RHD van’s to give a better view along the side of the van?

Drivers side is ~55mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Life mirrors - LHD or RHD

Post by Caddyluv »

Yeah if you go and look at them from the front. Your see the one side is tucked in a bit for a better view when driving. Not many people notice. But now you have seen it your never miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Gary.8 »

You've got LHD mirrors....
So the driver's side should be 65mm and not the passenger's side.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Thanks guys!

I wondered if these were LHD ones, I’ll need to get a RHD one for the passenger side

2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

I've got LHD mirrors and I'm the opposite... I'm fine with passenger's side but not the driver's side .
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Did you change the mirror glass over from aspherical (with the line down near the outer edge) to convex? A convex one will probably work for you.

Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

No I've still got aspherical one for the driver side.. did think about getting one when you mentioned it on another thread so will give the convex one go cheers .
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Right, senior moment earlier.... correction below...

Your Drivers side mirror will be a convex one as your mirrors are like mine, left hand drive. I swapped my drivers side convex one for an aspherical one (with the line) to give a better rear view, so drivers side sorted.

I also swapped my passenger side one for a convex from aspherical which made it better but not quite right because of the gap above.

Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

That's weird because I have a convex one in the passenger side as it took me a while to get use to it. I also brought a replacement aspherical mirror for the driver's side and fitted it straight away before I mounted the mirrors to the van....
So will have to dig the original mirror out and see if it's convex... that will save me buying one .