Engine timing for power?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Davi926
Caddy2k Groupie

Engine timing for power?

Post by Davi926 »

Just recently got the pd150 timed perfectly to 0.5kw but I feel now that the van is somewhat down on power.
Logs show boost is still 1.7 bar so boost is no issue here.
In 1st and 2nd it feels good still bit 3rd onward the pull the van once had has gone and it seems to crawl to 4k.
Is this simply the timing as I've sent logs to my tuner and he's telling me everything looks good?
Confusing.
Was thinking of locking off the crank then getting the cam to tdc with the locking pin and see where that takes me. Maybe 0.5kw isn't the sweet spot for my engine.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Engine timing for power?

Post by Doc »

What condition is your timing belt in?
If it's new you are in a good position to experiment.
-2.0 to +2.0 in small steps, might help find the sweet spot.

More than likely needs a bit of advance to give a more aggressive pull.

Be careful though, if your tuner has injection timing set very early to suit the current position, you might get into a very smoky situation.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Davi926
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Davi926 »

Tuming belt is on about 5k miles.
Definitely feel the down on power and the only thing I can put it too is changing the timing.
Feels like its not boosting as much which is wrong as its boosting perfectly. I'll advance it a little tomorrow to see a result.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Boost pressure is nothing if you're not fueling to suit.
Remember, on a PD engine, the fuel pressure is controlled by the camshaft. The "window" for injection is very fine so the torsion value is very important to this.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Davi926
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Davi926 »

Awesome thanks for the help will owe you a lot at this rate haha