Show off your caddy
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Re: Build SDI to TDI

Post by Lcm evolution »

hi all not much off an update , i got some
cheap coilovers for now not sure what they will be like but worth a try Image

i have also been taking the original sdi ash apart to remove the flap and weld the holes up as i have no need for the asv and i’m to tight to pay darkside prices for the asv delete they sell that is plastic and costs around £35/40 shipped i’m sure it’s just an oem part from another engine model probably off the shelf for less then £15/20

not fitted the red pack but this will be next along with making the intercooler pipe work ,

and then it will be wheels and suspension as then ready for some road tuning then i may hit the dyno but it’s not essential just another caddy with a hybrid

hope everyone is well and staying safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

Caddyfab wrote:great work mate loving this thread, cant wait too see the finished product
thanks mate be sure to keep an eye out as i upload as much as possible

Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

another update ,

fitted the intercooler the the rad pack i had to get a tdi radiator as the sdi radiator does not mount to an intercooler as the fixing location are for air con fixing

i hope to get it driving this weekend Image

Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

just a little thing as i’m sticking with the sdi inlet manifold , i have to stick with the stock sdi asv
( anti sudder valve )

that was broken anyway so i have chopped it up and welded the holes where the flap bar would have been

this won’t add any benefit at all i just wanted to share this with you all Image

Bazgreener
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bazgreener »

Lcm evolution wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 pm it’s been a little to cold to be working outside , i got the n75 valve wire pinned to the correct ecu pin today i just used the egr valve wire as i won’t have an egr fitted ,
Great build thread, love the way you have a go without worrying :lol:
Can I ask what ECU you are using? is it the SDI?

thanks
2004 1.8T Caddy
Mk2 Golf GTi 1.8 BRM
Mk2 Golf 1.8T Type 19
Audi TT Mk1 350bhp
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

Bazgreener wrote: Great build thread, love the way you have a go without worrying :lol:
Can I ask what ECU you are using? is it the SDI?

thanks
thank you ! that’s how all project cars should be mate , so many people out there to take money from people who with a little research can do easily it’s just like lego but with a bit more in depth instructions.

the sdi use edc16u1 , i will just use an edc16u1 tdi ecu and flash my immo data into the new ecu and tune from that

Bazgreener
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bazgreener »

I have the option of a 55 plate touran 1.9tdi ecu and cluster, would that work ok?
2004 1.8T Caddy
Mk2 Golf GTi 1.8 BRM
Mk2 Golf 1.8T Type 19
Audi TT Mk1 350bhp
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

hi all , been a really busy week for me so i haven’t had any time to get any work done on the caddy , i did get some new headlights
and an exhaust cut out to try Image Image

Dt33
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dt33 »

Good evening mate, currently doing the same conversion, couple questions have you seen any benefit to using sdi manifold I was so close to using it then bottled it 😢. Also what have you done in regard to pipe work and how are you flashing immo data onto I take it a 105 ecu? Also I found a plug down NS that I'm not sure what is for? Sorry for all the questions hope you are well? Dan
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

hi mate upload a picture of the plug

as for the ecu i will just align the ecu with odis and tune from a tdi ecu due to the sdi not having all the processor size to use a tdi bdm flash

sdi manifold iv seen some people say there better some say there worse , i was lazy and didn’t want to extend map sensor wires , as you know the map sensor is inside the inlet manifold
i have also port matched the sdi manifold to my cylinder head

do you have a build thread ,

Last edited by Doc on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

sorry forgot to mention about the pipe work ,

this is the reason iv not been posting lately plus the weather , haha

i bought a tig welder and it’s faulty so i haven’t had much luck making the intercooler pipes :( and turbo intake pipe but i will get another tig welder soon and post some pictures so keep an eye out on this thread.

Last edited by Doc on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Dt33
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dt33 »

Hello bud!! Ahh nice one I've managed to source a matching touran cluster, deimmo ecu and key with 150 injector files on so should do the job for now hopefully! My SDI shell I'm using came with a snail manifold in the back and I was so tempted to bolt it up didn't in the 2nd! My MAP seems to be at the front but I am using bits of a bkc loom so that may be why. I will look out for your boost hose thread! Only just starting on here so don't get much access so keep me updated! I've sourced a new nissens s3 intercooler for under 200 on ebay so goign to get that up with a selection of boost hoses for now then slowly change them all, hopefully get it started for the first time tomorrow all being well! Got a 2 pin connector down by the NSF I can't find a end for its got a big red and big red and white wire so holding some current, ajy ideas? Thanks Dan once again sorry to waffle on
Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

been a while since i updated ,

touran clocks are coded in now tdi ecu with immobiliser cloning had been done , now time to started editing the map to suit

still haven’t fitted the coilovers it wheels yet , but i hope to test drive tomorrow or early next week

Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »

hi all it’s been a while again ,

iv been driving the van and editing the map the past two weeks , it drives quite nice , holding 2.0bar of boost stable with no smoke , i kind of wish i bought a duel mass instead of using a 6paddle single i had lay about but it works

hopfully the weather will soon start getting warmer so i can finish some paint work i’m thinking to colour code the door strips and the handles

still need to get a spoiler and iv been looking at maybe the chrome side bars i would like to see picture from the underside the van with them fitted if anybody can help

the front and rear bumper colour match came out quite good !

Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan

Post by Lcm evolution »