McCaddyGascars Build

Show off your caddy
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: McCaddyGascars Build

Post by Scoobysrt »

That's the story of my life this year so far, I've not had a parcel undamged yet lol.
This issue was obviously a factory error as the pin in one plug had been badly inserted and bent so it wasn't even pushed through the plug properly, I straightened it and pushed it through and it worked.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Bit of an update.

I've installed an in phase powered sub, now looking for a head unit with DTA as my timings all over the place. I'm a musical person, so this is annoying me massively. Annoyed even more I wasn't told about running an RCA and a head unit without time correction. :!:

I've have a few things done...

Left it with Darkside;

They done this;

Then they jingled some spanners underneath;

It now pulls rather well indeed. A few cars at lights thought they could get around a van....heh

It's a little soft right now, but the beauty of BC coil overs is adjustable compression!

Going to take it for a spin tomorrow with my little adjuster tool and see how many more clicks I need. Man, the shocks are plush.

If you need work doing, Darkside are the guys. I'm very impressed with them to be honest. Nothing was too much of a problem for them. They even gave me the BC Racing stickers that came with the kit.
Last edited by McCaddyGascar on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Its very rare time correction is needed which is why I presume you wasn't told about it. Rcas are only second to optical.
Are the rcas in a new head unit or using that site box you have/had on your loom?
That box will be your problem if you're still using it.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

I'm using it for now, mostly as I don't really know what else to do as it's rca or high level input...
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Then thats what is causing your time problems.
Try it on the speaker wires directly if you have that option.
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Cheers buddy, I'll have a look into that :)
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Spent some time looking underneath my van. I've never really looked underneath anything I've owned but I decided it like to see what's what.

Here's a little candid shot of my rear lowering kit.

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I brushed wax oil over my kit to protect the studs etc a bit better from salt etc.
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Thanks for the tip. What wax did you use?
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

Nice build coming together pal, yes the lads at darkside are top class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

I'm already thinking of more work they can do for me heh.

Thanks, in really pleased with the progress in such a short time.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Can't remember the brand, just the end of a tin of good quality wax oil I had left over.
Some spray grease or brushed on thick grease would also work. Anything that doesn't wash off with surface water will be fine.
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Great stuff. Appreciate the tip.
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Very small jobs today.

2 of three map holders installed

Some harness points for my bike

A good old clean. I really need tyre dresser.

And a good 30 minute lie down in the back thinking I should have done more.