What turbo is this??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

What turbo is this??

Post by Leeoncupra »

Hi

Just curious if anyone knows what turbo this is fitted to my 08 caddy with pd130 conversion

Looks like it sits up quite high??Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lapiz blue pd130 swap with rotiform wheels πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: What turbo is this??

Post by Doc »

If someone who's never seen in your engine bay can identify the turbo from that photo, I'd be flabbergasted.
You be better getting a close-up of the turbo from different angles, there's got to be a plate on there to identify it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

Post by Leeoncupra »

Hi doc sorry
I've never seen one with that style of inlet before , it looks really high up and different to standard turbo set ups
Il get under and have a mooch for any numbers

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The inlet manifold is not part of the turbo.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nelson w124
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nelson w124 »

2.0 tdi BMN 170cvs??
Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

Post by Leeoncupra »

Turbo is a garret gt1749 found the number on it , just the inlet manifold looks different which thrown me off

Having an issue with a stutter at 3k on full throttle so trying to figure out what parts are on it and the turbo stumped me

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

GT1749VB is the standard PD130/150 turbo.
You'd be best getting some diagnostics logs and see what fuel, boost etc is doing, that'd help point you at your problem.

Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

Post by Leeoncupra »

Thanks doc
That will be my next step

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

its either a bv39, pd170 turbo or a hybrid of some kind
Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

Post by Leeoncupra »

Thank you
I cant get access to vag comm to do some logging
The van has a misfire/stutter at 3k rpm
It even does it in neutral at stationary
It's fine before and after, religiously everytime the needle hits 3000 it does it

Is there any possible parts I should look into changing or focusing my attention on , I will go down the trial and error route , the engines I'm genuinely familiar with are the pd170s and 2.0tfsi's

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Leeoncupra wrote: ↑Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:08 pm I will go down the trial and error route ,
That's an expensive slippery slope for the sake of going to a local garage who has vcds or looking on the vcds thread on this site to see if anyone's local to you.

It could be anything from a leaking hose to a dodgy fuel pump a scan could save you weeks of headaches.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

Post by Leeoncupra »

Hi matey
I have a carista dongle I use which reads the same faults as vcds can , it can also do coding aswell but it's not picking up any codes atall which leads me to believe its something mechanical thats playing up, if it gave me a code to give me some form of hint I'd be all over it

I will check out the vcds section to see if theres someone local who can do some logs for me for a starting point

Last edited by Giddy on Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Sounds like you need the extra features of vcds to pin point it, where are you located out of interest.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Checking for fault codes is not data logging.
Get yourself to someone with VCDS and the knowledge to use it properly before you start throwing parts at your engine.

Leeoncupra
Caddy Fan

Post by Leeoncupra »

Halesowen/stourbridge part of the Midlands

If there is anyone local to here Il be happy to get booked in with them

Thanks gents