Can mk4 stop/start be coded out

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cgiorgi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Can mk4 stop/start be coded out

Post by Cgiorgi »

Hey everyone, i tried coding out the stop/start (cylinder deactivation) on a mk4 1.4tsi and I my rear view camera stopped working and it seemed to allow the engine to switch off still, I was OBDeleven and it’s shows it should be able to be done in central electrics long coding but it must need some other parameters changed too, I changed it back and camera came back straight away so seems weird, thoughts?
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Can mk4 stop/start be coded out

Post by caddychris2002 »

You can reverse the action so it starts off and pressing the button turns it on.

IIRC.  go to 09-Central Electrics > Security Access > type there: 20113 then go to Adaptation > Channel 34 > and change value to 0 (New Value) after that just press TEST button and after SAVE.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Cgiorgi
100BHP+

Post by Cgiorgi »

Thanks mate, I’ll be happy with it being reversed, When I tested the start/stop deactivation using the OBDeleven I noticed that if the drivers seat belt isn’t plugged in the engine won’t turn off, and I thought it was working, then I realised once I put the seatbelt on that it still turns off.
I’ll give your method a go and let you know if it works on my van
Cgiorgi
100BHP+

Post by Cgiorgi »

Hey Chris

I managed to get in with security codes that are on OBDeleven, but when I go to adaptions then into channel 34 it wont let me add a new value, ill try to attach a screen shot.
Attachments
IMG_4377.jpg