Caddy mapped or not mapped?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
paddymack
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Caddy mapped or not mapped?

Post by paddymack »

So I have a 16 2.0 tdi van is a 55kw or 75bhp bit feels like it has more pony's tucked under the bonnet.
Apart from getting it on the rollers is there anyway of finding out of its been mapped?
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Caddy mapped or not mapped?

Post by caddychris2002 »

The only other way is to get an original file and compare it to the one on your van or save a copy of your map thats on now flash it to standard and then see if it feels different.

For the sake of £60 though for a power run I usually get my customers to do just that it's a lot easier and quicker in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If you run a VCDS log of boost request for a full throttle 4th gear pull from 1800-4500 RPM, the measurement will clearly show the maximum request which differs between the power levels. A good tuner will advise if the requested boost is standard or increased.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Out of interest does the ecu store a date a map has been put on and can that date be read?

I suggest if you go to overtake and it feels like there's no guts it's not been mapped. If it pulls all the way up the revs it has.
But there's no way of knowing what sort of map it's had from an econ map with 20bhp increase to a 180bhp power map unless docs method will give a good idea, a rolling road is probably simplest.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by ARSHAADJ »

I have a Caddy mk3 1.9tdi, BJB engine, wondering how much more power these engines can be pushed to on a stock turbo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Its your gearbox that might not like it before the turbo gives up, you'll be OK with 180-190 easy.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Cool thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bigcheese
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Bigcheese »

@ARSHAADJ
Hi I have exactly the same as u and mine has been mapped with the rolling road print out at 155bhp an pulls hard it’s extremely fast for a little van
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
paddymack
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by paddymack »

OK after driving it now more regularly its not mapped.
It's actually a bit dangers pulling out of work as it got bends either side of the gates, so you need to get out fast.
This van is not fast!
Darylg21
200BHP+

Post by Darylg21 »

Scoobysrt wrote:Out of interest does the ecu store a date a map has been put on and can that date be read?.

Sort of,,, it stores how many times the Epprom has been flashed. But only mapping equipment can gain accsess to this for viewing.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk