Caddy Maxi come of age - DubUnit Remap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Philt32
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Caddy Maxi come of age - DubUnit Remap

Post by Philt32 »

Had a great day today….brief highlights for a back story…bought a new caddy maxi 1.6 102bhp in 2014, over a couple of years added, insulated rear, carpeted, 240v inverter split charger and leisure battery, eberspacher heater, side windows in the doors and various other trim and shelf unit all mainly for MTB weekends

I’ve done 20k miles in it and was thinking shall I change it and get a tail gate version with Dsg, on holiday last week I’d made my mind up thinking I’d have to start again and it would be too expensive to change…right…I’m keeping it and make it how I want it (it’s only taken 7 years to make my mind up)

Made a phone call to Matt at DubUnit, any chance you could squeeze me in for a remap…no problem

Turned up and straight away I thought, what a decent fella Matt is to deal with, knowledgable and straight talking

Enjoying a decent chat with the fellas and Matt says “here’s Doc now” Doc off the forum?? Yup brilliant to talk to the man himself and take a look at his “van”

All done with the van, time to try it…Wow, it’s absolutely transformed the van, without a doubt the best money I’ve spent on it…it just pulls from 2150 rpm in very gear, foot down at 70 and it pulls…awesome, great fun on the way home

For those interested in MTB..Got home fitted a pair of Michelin Force Am2 to the bike, had a great ride, brilliant tyres for hard pack, trail centre type rides, fast rolling, great corner grip, would recommend them.

So, would highly recommend Matt at DubUnit, I will be taking the van back for any work that needs doing (mfsw, lowering kit, timing belt etc etc

Doc, really pleased to have met you, great talking to you, thanks for the Sterling work on the board

Overall…fantastic day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy Maxi come of age - DubUnit Remap

Post by Doc »

Great to meet you today Phil, always nice to put a face to a name.
I'll no doubt see you again when you come back for some more upgrades, I look forward to it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bad666
200BHP+

Post by Bad666 »

Is that Walton -on-Trent ? Keep in mi d for future ?

Philt32
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Philt32 »

Yes, that’s the one, excellent set up

Bad666
200BHP+

Post by Bad666 »