My blue caddy build thread

Show off your caddy
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: My blue caddy build thread

Post by Handyandy »

To bring the build up to date everything I have done to date is
Lowered the van on TA Technics coilovers with rear flip kit. Doing this wasn't as bad as I thought the front struts although awkward to remove from the hub didn't pose to many problems and the new coilovers went in nice and easy. The rear flip kit I just had to think about what I was doing and take my time again I didn't really come across any problems.
The remap brought my bhp from 75 to 145 this made a big difference 0 to 60mph in about 10sec instead of 20sec
The carpeting in the back was just to make it look tidy for the time being as I put alsorts of tools in there sometimes the cement mixer and wheel barrow along with sand and cement but as long as I clear the van out every Friday I can keep the back of the van looking reasonable.
Well that is everything upto date so modifications will be made as and when
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

This is how the van sits now its been lowered the before and after look. I think it looks a lot better now ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Swapped over the side repeater lights today for a set of smoked sequential led's also replaced the broken third brake light for a smoked version managed to get these done before the rain become too heavy hopefully when the rain stops I can remove the rear wiper ImageImage

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Removed the rear wiper today just had to patch hole temporarily with a plumbing blanking piece until I get a proper blank Image

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

It’s coming along mate. The smoked indicators and rear brake light look smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Cheers Pete
I wouldn't mind changing the tail lights for smoked ones but they don't come cheap and at the moment I've got other stuff to buy for the house
I have smoke window tint but I don't think it works well on plastic
Jono1
200BHP+

Post by Jono1 »

@handyandy

Could always have them tinted. I’ve been toying with the idea myself as I can’t afford to be forking out for a new set at the moment

Your van is coming along nicely 👍
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Yeah I’m sure a few lads have tinted theirs on here. It’s gotta be cheaper for sure.

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

@jono that's an idea as I too don't like forking out for something especially if there not broken
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Had to replace the dipstick tube today I snapped it a month back replacing the oil filter housing I got it caught up when I was putting everything back and as I tried to slightly bend the top into the right position it snapped off at the bottom in the engine block at the time we done a temporary repair with an o ring which fair play held but I thought that was tempting fate
I had to remove some pipework from the bottom front of the engine to gain access and thread a long bolt through a big washer and socket to tap into the broken plastic tube to slowly pull it out once that was out it was straight forward fit new tube replace all pipework and top up coolant

2nd picture is the broken bit of tube that was stuck in the block pulled out by the long bolt and socket contraption

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Hopefully all being well tomorrow and the Weather stays dry I can get the van jacked up wheel's off and strip down the calipers ready for a coat of paint :D
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Old school way of tinting rear lights is to put a black stocking over them :P
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

@scoobysrt I suppose it could double up as a face mask for robbing the bank I wouldn't need to worry about the price of stuff then :lol:
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Van up in the air calipers off ready to be cleaned for first coat of paint also discs and bearings to come off and be replaced with new ImageImageImage

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

That’ll keep you busy for a day or two mate. Let me know how you get on changing the bearings on the front