Ollie’s Candy White

Show off your caddy
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

@nath25 cheers mate, and I thought it was a stroke of genius I definitely should have forked out for Raptor paint instead as I think that will hold up much better being a 2K paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Dropped the cab headliner to dye it black, something I’ve really wanted to do for a while.

9002 Genuine Alcantara on order from UK Hide to do the overhead storage shelf and also the b pillars if I have enough. This will match the dashboard. I already trimmed the b pillars in faux suede and it is just a little bit disappointing so it’s got to go. In fact all the faux suede bits will eventually be replaced with the good stuff.

Black hardware/ light fitting etc to follow later in the year as I don’t want to paint stuff if I don’t have to. That will finish off the cab quite nicely once I trim my touran door cards and finish off the dash. Still undecided whether to go for two tone or all the same 9002 shade.

Stained and waxed some tongue and groove for the load bay to replace the roof lining, and very pleased how that turned out it’s going to look smart.

I also ordered 5metres of grade A ultra bright commercial LED cob lighting. 2700k so nice and warm. Rated at 1000 lumens it does not disappoint. Also will be hooked up to a dimmer switch. Looking forward to getting all this installed over the next few weeks.

Exuptoy
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Exuptoy »

Cracking build mate. Exceptional quality!
nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

headlining looks good mate when i tried to die mine it went patchy so covered it in grey 4 way stretch carpet like the idea of leds on a dimmer
BowCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BowCaddy »

That headliner is nice my shelf has been flocked in a previous life and is starting to peel so looking for ideas on recovering! Good effort so far

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

@Exuptoy cheers dude

@nath25 thanks man! And with the headliner I actually used a dye for natural fibres diluted 50:50 with water. Sponged it on, 3 coats seemed to have worked a treat

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

I was using autoglym black dye it’s a rattle can supposed to be for fabric and plastic I used it on the touran carpet I fitted that was gray that turned out like new covered all the stains I couldn’t get out

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Dyed headliner fitted and spent the afternoon trimming the overhead storage in genuine alcantara to match my dashboard. Hats off to trimmers it’s a fiddly job. None the less and pretty pleased with outcome.

I can’t bare to fit the grey sun visors now as it looks ridiculous. End of the month I will be ordering all the necessary black parts to finish off the blackout cab, and will probably just paint the sun visors for now.

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

looking good mate might have to cover my overhead storage.the sun visors and grab handles i spray painted black with bumper paint you don't have to use plastic primer they look good but the paint comes off the hinge when you move the visors up and down but they will do for now .look forward to see what you do next
Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

Thanks Nath! I am going to paint the sun visors for now and look at getting them done in napa leather in the future. I think I’ll have a crack at trimming the b pillars next or I’ll get on with the tongue & groove to replace the load area roof lining

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Ollie’s Candy White

Post by Guy94 »

Couple of jobs done over the weekend - scribed some timber fit into the roof beam recess to support my tongue and groove roof. I’ve spent enough time dealing with the abysmal use of self tapping screws from the previous own so used Fix All Extreme to adhere them. Cleaned up the area of a scotch pad and then degreased. Went off really quickly and super impressed with the strength of this adhesive! Was clamped for a few hours and set solid.

Finally got round to changing my knackered door roller. Unfortunately after closer inspection there is excessive damage to the paint work and a fair amount of surface rust. Need to get this dealt with before the winter sets in. The damage goes right into the recess. Will a body shop have difficulty dealing with this as it’s not very accessible? Or perhaps is there something I should do myself? Any advice would be appreciated Image

New one fitted and area cleaned up. At least the door glides like a dream now..

On a lighter note, a crate of Moretti & some foam made the perfect door prop Image

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

That old roller got lots of life left in it vans looking good mate

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Guy94 »

Spent my day off replacing the roof lining with tongue & groove today. Opted to glue and nail as there will be no wires up there to access. Much cleaner finish too imo. Few bits to tidy up and LED cob lights to install. Will get some more pictures when that’s all done.

nath25
Caddy Fan

Post by nath25 »

Can’t wait to see it with the lights wish I have done that look great

Guy94
Twin Turbo poster