Mike’s oem+ caddy build thread

Show off your caddy
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Mike’s oem+ caddy build thread

Post by Mike_urk »

Hello all,

I have recently purchased my first caddy van but not my first caddy. I actually currently drive a Mk1 caddy pickup as my daily during the summer months (I stay in Scotland so this isn’t long haha).
Here is the daily

Now onto the van, she’s a 2006 1.9tdi with 139k on her. Ex joiners van but has full service history and a massive folder of receipts with it. Very happy with my purchase and it feels very nice and quiet to drive compared to other caddy haha. Photos of the van the night I got her home.
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Re: Mike’s oem+ caddy build thread

Post by Duncan1112 »

Look forward to following your build mate! Looks like a really clean example. Loving the Mk1 too 😍
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

Being an ex joiners van it was very dirty inside and out so first thing I done was a deep clean inside and out. This made the van a much nicer place to be. Then removed some random stickers around the van, the metal covers on the rear door windows and the rusty roof bars (unfortunately he had fitted a home made one to the rear of the roof so there is two extra holes in the roof). Image

Then the other day while looking on Facebook marketplace I spotted a steering wheel from a 2012 van up for sale and thought that I needed it as it looked so much better than my standard one. Image
Epic purchase for £50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

Few things done this week. Had the rear windows tinted since I had removed the rear window covers. Fitted some team Heko wind deflectors, personal reg I’ve had on retention for over 5 years and finally some roof rails. Luckily they covered the extra holes the previous owner had drilled in the roof as well. Image
Also done the yearly service on her as well.

Not sure whether to remove the rear wiper and badges or not. Would definitely clean up the back of the van.
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

Small update. Recently ripped out the disgusting rubber flooring and replaced it with carpet from a touran. Image

Then I removed the bulkhead.

But I was left with this horrible gap.

So I decided to hack them up and make my own finishing panels. Think they turned out alright for now until I carpet them.
marnie_owen
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by marnie_owen »

The carpeting makes a huge difference, it looks great! How difficult was it to fit ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

The carpet was super easy mate, it’s all perfectly shaped ready to fit into the caddy straight from the touran. Hardest part was getting the throttle pedal off as it was blocked up with lots of debris.

Highly recommend getting the carpet, makes it feel more like a car inside
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

So I done my most favourite mod to the van so far the other day, retrofitted cruise control. Definitely worth the £40 for everything second hand off of eBay.

Then fitted some nicer interior handles as mine were very scratched.

Also managed to fit the front panel from a touran stereo to mine as the buttons had worn off on some of them.

Thanks to @Duncan1112 for the interior parts Image
Duncan1112
Caddy Fan

Post by Duncan1112 »

Always happy to help mate! Glad the radio faces were interchangeable, looking so much better now. B pillar trims look ace. You’re fairly bashing it out quick now like!
Building a 2009 Caddy PD105. Clean base 68K in white. Touran donor ready to be ripped to pieces! Front end conversion in progress.
Ian_R_C
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Ian_R_C »

Can I ask, where did you relocate the inverter to when you removed the bulkhead?
osborne18
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by osborne18 »

Mike_urk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm So I done my most favourite mod to the van so far the other day, retrofitted cruise control.
Was the mod easily done, is their coding involoved or just a swap out ?
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited the quote
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

Ian_R_C wrote:Can I ask, where did you relocate the inverter to when you removed the bulkhead?
So I actually haven’t refitted the inverter yet but I’d planned on putting it on the wall behind the drivers seat. Hope this helps.
Mike_urk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mike_urk »

osborne18 wrote:Was the mod easily done, is their coding involoved or just a swap out ?
The mod was fairly straight forward, just replaced the stalks (I done both as I wanted a mfd later on), fitted the control box that’s underneath the steering wheel and then some simple coding through vcds.

There’s a great write up on how to do it on here. Made it so simple to fit following it Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ian_R_C
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ian_R_C »

Mike_urk wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:38 pm So I actually haven’t refitted the inverter yet but I’d planned on putting it on the wall behind the drivers seat. Hope this helps.
Yes it does thanks, I still have the bulkhead in mine but not sure if I want to remove it, I think I will probably wait until I decide them put the inverter where yours was if I keep it in. Thanks again!
Tommygun
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Tommygun »

Hi Mike,

Was the later model steering wheel a straight swap over??

Tommy