Bash's yellow caddy

Show off your caddy
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Bash's yellow caddy

Post by Bashbarnard »

So. I recently bought a dead caddy. It's been sat at work a while with a dead turbo and I got a good deal on it so thought it was time for a play. Originally an SDI that had been converted to a pd100. That promptly shit the turbo and it's day out back for months. Fast forward a bit and I seem to have found myself in a unique position of having a low milage bkd and hybrid turbo that's only covered 600 miles literally sold to me from less than 100 yards away from where this caddy sat. So you can see the plan. It'll be staying a 5 speed as I've got a gearbox out back off a Mk5 golf and the pd 100 had a solid flywheel conversion and brand new clutch before it crapped itself.

So long story short. Pulled it in Saturday afternoon. Cleared the back out of shelves and crap I'll never need. Pulled front end and engine out.

Things I have thatay work with this project is a Mk5 golf GTi EPAs rack. I've read that certain abs ECUs work with it. No idea what ones. But I've got hydraulic on there currently. If it was an easy conversion I'll get it done while everything's out. Also got Mk5 GTi hubs to go on to take bigger brakes. Coilevers and lowering stuff as well. Plus a spare set of golf wheels that I use for track days that I can throw on but I'm unsure if I want to do that as I'd quite like to keep the sleeper look.

So hey. I'm new here. What do you guys think. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Bash's yellow caddy

Post by Bashbarnard »

Pulled a gearbox out of a Mk5 golf tonight. Means I've got a gearbox to actually use now.

shed
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by shed »

Looks like it’ll be good fun.
Nice in yellow 👍🏻
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Thanks man that's the idea with it. Be practical enough to fit my bikes and tools in while beong able to have some fun at the track as well.

Last edited by Giddy on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

So went to put the engine in this evening. Went through sorting all the little bits like egr cooler delete. Swapping gearboxes, clutch's etc. Swapping my other ECU in. Then it came to the pas. The pas bracket doesn't fit off the old engine and the pas pump doesn't fit on the bkd bracket.

So. I have a Mk5 GTi e Pas rack that I think imma have to put on. I literally have no idea how wire it or if it'll work with my abs pump. So I've got a pic of what I think the numbers. Any ideas people? Image

Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Got her running tonight. Not together. But key turned and started. Ended up using half the alternator bracket and have the pas bracket to get the hydraulic steering to work.

Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Small update, managed to get the vac box wired in over the weekend so it now starts and runs with no more eml light on. So that side of the wiring is complete. Got the front end back on. Unfortunatly now the power steering line catchs on the new rad setup. So ive got to pull the subframe off and put the spare epas rack on i have. Howver this means wiring it all in which just adds another job to the list.
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Fitted all the suspension i got over the past week. Lowering kit on the rear wasnt to bad to do. Fronts were a lot easier though. Ive got a set of hubs to upgrade the brakes as well at some point but i dont have them at the moment so stadard brakes it is i guess. Ive got the rear window glass ordered as well should be here this week. Has anyone ever replaced the rear windows? tips would be good. byt this is as it sits at the moment. I need to raise the front a little as its to low. Ill also stick it or the corner weighting stuff as well. See how well balanced i can get it. Might as well. Ill do the cambelt and water pump this week so i can finally run it up as its still got no coolent in it. basically been non stop on this project for the past few weeks in the evenings after work. Its finally getting there. Id ike to keep some standard looking wheels on it. Ive got a mk5 golf out back ill steal the steel rims off as theyre better condition. But i have a set of alloys with track tyres on as well so theres always other options.
Attachments
van-min.jpg
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Oh also sorted the pas issue. Manage to get the boost pipe, pas line and coolant line through the same spot. Also had to extened the rad fan wiring as its running the oem fan setup. So a few cooing lines had to be moved, bypassed and deleted depending on what ones.
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Should probably update this. Changed my rear window. Sorted out coilover heights. Finished miscellaneous bits. Got it moted and it's on the road. It's a super short update and one that realistically needs pictures and mass explanation. But I can't remember everything I've been doing as I've been flat chat with work and life also. All I know is it's now my daily driver and my clutch alreay slips. :lol:
sewi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by sewi »

It is a nice color for sure and you're right some more pictures would be much welcomed. It definitely sounds like you know your way in the engine bay.
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

Thanks. I've got someats wheels on it now donated from my boss to fit the big brakes. I should hope I know my way round an engine bay by now. I've been a mechanic 16 years and counting. :D .
Managed to grab myself some brakes off a TT as well for the bargain basement price of £40 delivered. Just need to figure out what discs and pads they take now. They're off a MK2 TT and that's as muh as I know. Vey very vague eBay listing. My favourite. I'll take some pictures of the brakes before I head home today and see if collectively the forum can identify them a bit better.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Sounds like this is gonna be a great caddy mate. Looks boss in yellow too. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Bashbarnard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bashbarnard »

the swan fiend wrote:Sounds like this is gonna be a great caddy mate. Looks boss in yellow too. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. It's very rough around the edges tbh. You can't see the rusty arch's and the crap interior. Plus it's got a broken bonnet pull now. It was a super cheap ex builders van. So it's never gonna be a show stopper. Not meant to be though. Built purly so I can move my day to day crap and embarrass stuff on track days with it. Hence the big brakes I've got hold of. Whih I still cant quite identify for discs and pads. Theyre of a MK2 Audi TT.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Caddy is looking at lot better, looks like its in good hands. Really like the color.