Caddy Maxi daily

Show off your caddy
sewi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Caddy Maxi daily

Post by sewi »

Yeah, I'll leave it this way for now maybe paint or cover it in leather later. Anyway cleaned the whole thing, got chrome vents and some other plastic parts

and it is starting to look alright.

Snatched Golf 7 trim as I saw it here on the forum used with this panel I think but comparing it the plastic panel does not allow enough space to fit it. Will look ok anyway.

Also I find it surprisingly hard to to clean the tweeter covers. So much so that I wanted to buy a new one but couldn't find both only the left one.

Cheers
sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Here is an example viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629&start=675
But I think it requires some work to make it fit properly
Current built thread: 2013 SWB Caddy 2.0TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48634
My previous built: 2007 SWB Caddy 1.9TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39945
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Yeah, was that. I think there is crazy little room for error to make it look good and at least for now I don't plan to paint that part. Maybe later when I do.
Thanks sylwiu
sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

You're wellcome mate๐Ÿ‘ dash is looking great with the new style climate panel and chrome vents
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Preparing Touran seat bases for now. Apparently they are hard to come by around here.

Base painted

Preparing carpet lining I got laying around

Glued

Finished. It is not as good as the original lining from factory but nobody is going to look in there anyway so it just to stop any funny noises.

With a bit of luck seats are next.
sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Nice๐Ÿ‘Œ did the same on my set. But do they come from the factory with lining inside? The previous set I had for my ex Caddy also didn't have any carpet inside.
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Don't know anything about it but this one looks factory. One I got is like this.

sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

New parts arrived today. Yay.

aerial with passenger mirror included
2K5 035 532 L which I didn't expect but if color coding still means anything it should be FM, DAB, GPS. Just what I need.

handbrake re-trimmed. I'll fit it later together with seats

1T1 857 921 B top stowage no separate picture here but that bit I was missing badly. That was a bit of a miss as I learnt I got the vents in the wrong revision. Honestly I got no idea there is more than one version. I am using volkswagen.7zap.com and this is one of the bit without part code there. Old on the left. new on the right

What dremel can't fix right? Didn't take any pics of the center vents butchered, sorry.

With the dash in, glove box fitted and taped with anti squeak it looks ok bot the best fix I find it to be a bit saggy compared to the old caddy glove box but I figured i can do anti squeak treatment here too.

A bit of a nightmare. Glad I got these parktool magnets

The whole thing

and with trim. It sits a bit proud I will probably try to do something about it later.

Here are the pics of the whole dash fitted with climatronic

I'll take some better pictures later.
still have some small bits missing that such as 1T2 858 345 B that bit is different size compared to Caddy's and the touran dash I got didn't include one. Passenger airbag light is hanging below ashtray temporarily as it's cable is not long enough to reach the new location. It really took a while to get it fitted and source all the parts.

Added:
PTC heater
Climatronic dual zone with CC panel (touran one has the proper dials but I might be able to find matching RCD dials instead)
Touran dash obviously
black carpets (even dirty it is still much nicer than rubber mats)

Coming soon:
CC heated memory electric seats
handbrake
DAB aerial in the mirror to get rid of the window one
winter wheels
maybe an USB cable routed to that center stowage. I am thinking to use it as tablet/nav holder

Cheers
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

What it looks now

sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Looking a lot better now๐Ÿ‘Œ now the interior is crying for the CC seats to join๐Ÿ˜
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Thanks mate! Yeah working on those. I'll have to solder wires breaker cut and it is ready to go in.
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Today is the day I was working towards for quite a while. Seats got installed. One at least didn't have bolts for the other one. Half full kind of think?

removing the old set and base that I have done several times already so that was smooth.

Cleaning it up a bit

I am wondering what is that red connector for. My guess it is for old electric sea option or something like that.

Touran base in and immediately I can see the problem with loom being a bit too short. Will have to devise some cleaver routing or extend it. For now I just removed the storage box

Ta daaa

I am over the moon with it. It sits lower than the original even with Touran base and all seems to be working. Well airbag isn't that needs matching connector. but movement and heating does. Memory I have to figure out how it works if at all. Yeah that would be a massive disappointment don't even want to think about that possibility.

I'll do some more pictured in daylight soon.
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Seat memory works! Had to connect OBDEleven, and code the control unit but now it works wonders and let me tell you this is one of the greatest upgrades since I am sharing the car having seat automatically setup is just great. And since I am using that "smart" mirror I don't have to adjust that at all.
Steering wheel and side mirrors are obviously not included but that's ok my wife doesn't even know you can adjust steering wheel and side mirrors are so massive it works for both of us.
sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Seats are looking nice๐Ÿ‘ or at least one of them๐Ÿ˜‚. Wish I had found this model also, with memory but they are hard to find. Like you said, is very handy to have memory seats when there are 2 drivers, I am in the same situation.
Is the wiring more complex when you have memory? What's different from only electric seats, without memory?
sewi
100BHP+

Post by sewi »

Afaik it is different but not by much. I think it is only one extra wire. Same with manual heated 3 wire vs electric heated 4 wire.