Caddy cult build

Show off your caddy
Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Caddy cult build

Post by Bassvanman »

The van is very heavy with all the equipment inside a reliable 150hp would be nice as it currently doesn’t go up hill I don’t go over 70 as I say it’s very heavy and the handlings about as good as a wet sponge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bassvanman »

I e also been reading up on the conversion say one actuator is push and one pull so is it as simple as getting the whole turbo actuator off the 130 putting the vacuum on and job done or just a bracket or something need to be made ?

Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bassvanman »

So today I actually started putting a cult build engine in place of the bls wish me luck haha

Cultus
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Cultus »

I hope it went well ! .
So my block threw a rod and left me picking up the pieces and ultimately Removing the block and box and taking a block from my golf pd130 and a gearbox from a recently aquired pd150 engine and box. Converting the block and installing it in 3 working days alone.

Back on the road now with a 300km+ engine!
I miss my 70k one! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bassvanman »

Yes mate it in and running but I’ve had to go the s3 intercooler and arl piping from eBay as I’m running a bigger alternator so are threw the boost pipe for the side mount, I don’t envy you how ever all the parts are interchangeable so suppose that’s one good thing, was you just driving normally I thought the 130,s were pretty much indestructible

Last edited by Giddy on Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

They are pretty tough that's for sure, but no matter how strong a block is , it's only as strong as the loosest bolt the monkey putting it together tightened Image looks like maybe over torquing the bolt caused it to snap up in the hole and unthreaded it's self out untill bang! Engine gone connecting rod intergalactic!

Anyhow , engine has been swapped for a 350km k pd130 out of a golf I had, ugh Image my poor 80k engine you where so clean !

Of course I couldn't get a brake and the next day my passenger shock was swinging in the wind , the lower bracket snapped and had to make up a new bracket with super thick washers !! Image

Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

I intergalactic con rod and piston ! Image